Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coolant Bottle.
ey up.

so plenty of people have switched over to the Stainless Coolant header tanks. I figured I'd stick with my original - pointless changing it, if it works.

But something has started to happen to it. It's started to weep at the seem under where the cap fits. the wetness isn't coming from the cap itself, but just around the seem

What are the chances of this thing exploding at less than 15psi?

:oops:

I suppose i should think about acquiring a stainless version?
Dave.
My advise to anyone with one of these origional bottles is to get rid... yes they do give way to the heat and pressures they are under especially now they are 27 years old ... not going to do your engine any good if they do Wink

You can still buy NOS bottles if you really want to be origional, otherwise Ed has SS ones... however it appears that its a bit cheaper from the states atm

http://www.delorean.com/store/p-6304-he ... -assy.aspx
The Stainless header bottles is 125,40 euro right now, How neat parts can ask for the day price.
The dollar euro go up and down, a new website is made with all the delorean.com parts in the euro,s. and a real time dollar euro conversion.

Regards Ed Uding
www.delorean.eu
i would still buy off ed and i back that up as

1 his on the end of a phone ( not a millon miles away )

2 his kit allways works ( 24 hrs tech support ) if you like me and needed a complete gear box 12 hours before a wedding :?

3 good parts allwasy in stock and adding to that 97 % most parts are in stock or he will get them for you by the end of the week for you :lol:
deloreand Wrote:The Stainless header bottles is 125,40 euro right now, who neat parts can ask for the day price.
The dollar euro go up and down, a new website is made with all the delorean.com parts in the euro,s. and a real time dollar euro conversion.

Regards Ed Uding
www.delorean.eu
LOL ...you should be on commission Glen Wink Smile Smile

But all very valid points .

Oh and Ed your Stainless wheel nuts are lovely... just been out polishing them Wink
wish i had some to polish as well :roll:
Hi Mike

It is made from the 400 stainless family, and can shine like no other.
The 300 line like 304 and 316 do not get this finish.

Regards Ed
Hi Ed,

The nuts really do finish the wheels off a treat. Great Job Ed.

Best regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
That explains it then, plus they do finish off the wheels very nicely.
he knows hes stuff :lol:
hey ed

you're back - you were on holiday - nice time.

I'll mail you about this and a couple of other parts i might as well have. :lol:

thanks everyone. Smile