Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMC Quality Assured stickers
Hi folks.

Having seen quite a few D's recently I've noticed many are missing the 'DMC Quality Assured' sticker from the forward, non-moving part of the driver's side window.

I started to wonder whether it was worth having these reproduced so have rung a few places to get an idea of prices. I reckon they'd come in at about £3 each based on an order size of 50 - but would obivously need to judge the interest first!

So - What does anybody reckon? Any takers? Shall I go ahead and get some made?

Cheers all,

Rich
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Are they not in the sticker kits from DMCH ?
VIN: 6511
Nope. And I've just done a search on the other forums - looks like there are none available anywhere and that they aren't being reproduced... Seems hat a few folks are after them anyway...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:Hi folks.

Having seen quite a few D's recently I've noticed many are missing the 'DMC Quality Assured' sticker from the forward, non-moving part of the driver's side window.

I started to wonder whether it was worth having these reproduced so have rung a few places to get an idea of prices. I reckon they'd come in at about £3 each based on an order size of 50 - but would obivously need to judge the interest first!

So - What does anybody reckon? Any takers? Shall I go ahead and get some made?

Cheers all,

Rich

sorry to sound stupid, but which stickers are you talking about? and chance of a photo

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Will try to upload one this evening. Access denied to any photo websirtes at work.

I can't find one on the net to link to and I've never uploaded one before!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
There you go bud ...

"Quality Assured" Label, applied to front bottom of driver's window glass at QACs (late 81 and early 82 models only).

Dont have one on my car but wonder how much view of the wing mirror it would block in this position ...

http://lukesandel.com/auto/delorean/lab ... ed-tb.html

http://lukesandel.com/auto/delorean/labels/default.html

[Image: DMC-QualityAssured.jpg]

[Image: DSC02169.jpg]
They're the ones.

I have to say mine doesn't obscure the view at all, and I reckon they're quite a nice touch... I do have one myself, was just thinking about doing it for the greater good, as it were...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Put me down for one Rich,

NickT
The sticker idea's great. Put me down for one.

Can I buy the quality too ? :lol: :lol:

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
If only! I think it's meant in a tongue-in-cheek way!!!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
At least it'll cover the gap under the door panel when viewed from outside. :lol:
VIN 4532

DOC-574
i had a whole box of them i thought they were rubbish so i threw them out last year TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Rich Hanlon Wrote:If only! I think it's meant in a tongue-in-cheek way!!!

I personally don't have a problem with the quality of my car. I much prefer it to my peugeot to work on! That is seriously poor quality and full of interior rattles I can't get rid of!
No, nor do I to be honest, only playing along with the previous gag.

Most of the problems we encounter in the DMC community seem to be due to age, neglect or previous botchery in the name of maintenence.

I'm sure there was a serious amount of work going on to address early build quality issues, hence the QACs that were set up, and so on, and to prevent any sort of reputation which is easy to catch on and very difficult to dispel in the car manufacturing business. My interest in British Leyland cars has taught me that - and no, I don't want to open a discussion on that subject - not here at any rate.

I seriously doubt there'll be as many of today's cars around in 30 years time! And even major manufacturers seem to be doing recalls most weeks these days!
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126
Rich Hanlon Wrote:They're the ones.

I have to say mine doesn't obscure the view at all, and I reckon they're quite a nice touch... I do have one myself, was just thinking about doing it for the greater good, as it were...

I would like to point out that some nasty people out there will take the piss of our cars after seeing this sticker.... especially those who knows nothing about the company/the man/the car but just the negative impression from the press.

Just my 2p... :oops: But I would love one on my car though :lol:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]