Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window Washer pump
Hi all, I have just had Hana MOTd and she failed on not enough pressure in the window washer, does anyone know either where you can get a new pump or if anyone else has had this problem with and MOT and we can argue the toss that its a 26 year old car and it is what it is !
Cheers
Tys
Halfords HWP17

Make sure the seal on the bottle itself is clean and free from grit.

Test with some water and check if it drips prior to refiting housing back.

Make sure the drain holes are clear in the black housing .

It could be your jet is slightly blocked? , pull off the rubber hose and see if water comes out of there ok .
Halfords HWP17 - about £16

They are available from other motor spares places, but I don't have the numbers off the top of my head...

Check first of all that it's not simply a blocked nozzle. I clean mine by running the edge of a sheet of paper along the slot in the jet. For a severe blockages use a short piece of tube connected to a foot pump. Disconnect the water hose from the rear of the jet and push the air hose onto the front - a few quick blasts will fire any crud back the way it came!

In all cases be careful not to snap the clips the hold the jet to wiper.
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
Thanks all job sorted thanks again for input price less

kind regards Tyson and the nearly mot hana
wa hoo hana has just past her mot with only having to do a couple of miner things on her .she has been sitting in the garage since eurotec last month and with the weather improving i thought it was time to sort her out.Not a bad days work if i do say so myself
cheers again for advise

many thanks Tyson