Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"EuroTec" Weekend in Norfolk, UK - 5th June 2009
Glen & Sam Wrote:hi all

looking at my new dairy there going to be a lot of events on that year and also next year if we get the weather
:lol: you buying some cows then Glen?? :lol:
Chris
Only pulling ur leg mate Big Grin
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
ha ha very funny :lol:
me and andy can`t make the full weekend next year Cry but we are gonna hopefully get sunday morning for the convoys,and spend sunday with you all
Big Grin
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Posted on Behalf of Frederik :-

Hi Guys, I seem not to be able to reply on the forum, allthough I'm logged in (my username is Frevawan). Do you know what's happening? Anyway, wanted to let you now THE BELGIANS are coming to Eurotec! We'll be 5 cars and 8 people and will stay untill mondaymorning. I made (of course) a little movie of Eurotec 2007 (when we were there), you are free to run it on the hotel system in a loop if you like.On top of that we're re-shooting the famous promotional film from DMC with the prototype in a modern version, but respecting the identical shots and scene times. This will be done prior to Eurotec.So, we might have that finished too. Look forward to it!! Best Regards,Frederik Van Acker
Can something be done so that our friends from outside the UK can view / post to this area of the forum ??
bozzzydmc Wrote:Can something be done so that our friends from outside the UK can view / post to this area of the forum ??

Looks like he's not a paid up member as her is not in the DOC PAID group

Dan
Not exactly an expert I admit, but I didn't think non "DOC-PAID" people were not able to post. The "events" section is not restricted :?:
I've no idea Dan... just passing his email along...

He is saying he cant post in the events section... So from what your saying this is because he is not a paid member so cant post in the events section?
hi all

i think we should be able to post on the event page as its good to see europe memebers who want to come over to our events as they do the same for us there will be a new area soon just for venders information just to make it easy to keep events away from vendors events and dairy events that they hold some times for us delroean owners
Glen & Sam Wrote:dairy events that they hold some times for us delroean owners
Is that with "all you can drink" milkshake? or is it a cryptic reference to DJ Glen's "cheese" music?? :lol:

Yeah - I just checked with my other account :wink: which is a non-"DOC-PAID" account, and I can only post in the "off topic" section. I didn't think this was supposed to be the case - wasn't it just the engine etc. sections that were off limits?
arranj Wrote:
Glen & Sam Wrote:dairy events that they hold some times for us delroean owners
Is that with "all you can drink" milkshake? or is it a cryptic reference to DJ Glen's "cheese" music?? :lol:

Yeah - I just checked with my other account :wink: which is a non-"DOC-PAID" account, and I can only post in the "off topic" section. I didn't think this was supposed to be the case - wasn't it just the engine etc. sections that were off limits?

Hi Arran,

The forum is supposed to be everything as "read only" other than the off topic section unless you have paid as far as I'm aware.

Also mate I think your technically breaking rule 7 of the forums rules. It states :-

"7. No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username for the forums. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (ie. banning)."

If anyone wants the forum changed then just the club know and if it's a good idea then it will be done.

Thanks

Dan
Sorry Dan - please don't misunderstand me. I'm not trying to start an argument or delve into club politics. I was just replying to a post, purely because this is one of the few topics that I "subscribe to" (for obvious reasons!). I now know to keep my mouth shut - lesson learnt!

Now I've dug my hole though I might as well continue and try and dig further into it! :wink: :

This is not aimed at you Dan (or anyone!), but I didn't see any reference to forum restrictions for this section on here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1825 so that was what led me to believe that the "events" section was not restricted. If it is however, then it is not for me to judge, and I have no strong opinion at all - this is what the people have decided.

Daniel Shane Wrote:First of all the forum is supposed to be everything as "read only" other than the off topic section unless you have paid.

Second your technically breaking rule 7 of the forums rules. It states :-
"7. No use of multiple usernames. Please register and use only one username for the forums. Posting under multiple user accounts will result in administrative action (ie. banning)."
To clear up my alleged infraction - I was summarising my post a bit rather than bog it down with legal jargon. I only use one username and have only every posted under one username. However I was involved in the registration of another username that is used for "read only". This is used by one of my less computer literate work colleagues who has been to a few DeLorean related events with and without me, who likes to keep track of what's going on. "She" uses one of my many computers and is always "signed in", so I am able to gain access under this username just by using the same computer that she uses. I have never once posted anything using this username, and only looked this once for the "post a reply" buttons in the interests of research, The "account holder" was present with me at the time to ensure I didn't abuse her identity in any way. So, by "my other account", I perhaps should have said "the account on my other computer", but then I didn't realise I needed to consult a lawyer every time I posted on here.

I'm happy with the forum the way it is (although I'll try and keep my posts to a minumum) - I have never expressed dissatisfaction with your service Dan, and definately rather you than me....!
Hi Arran,

My last post could of been misread as me having a go, honestly I wasn't.

By all means keep posting, it keeps information flowing and the club going.

My problem is we have 261 registered members on the forum, but Im sure the club does not have 261 paying members. Most of these accounts are being granted without any account details in them other than the name and Im trying to keep them updated and with the correct info in them. Thats why I pointed out the rule about more than one username. Nothing to do with lawers or anything legal. I think you may have over reacted there.

Anyway, sorry if you misread or misunderstood me.

Dan (Rather p*ssed off with it all)
Daniel Shane Wrote:Dan (Rather p*ssed off with it all)
Hi Dan,

I'm sure other club members will join me in saying that we really appreciate the work you do behind the scenes to keep the forum going. And that goes for the other folks who help out as moderators on the forum too.

People rarely say thanks for keeping the forum online 365 days a year but we are all very quick to moan even if the forum is offline for just a few hours. And then there is all the behind the scenes stuff which we take for granted like making sure there is always an up to date back-up of the forum MySQL database. If nobody did this on a regular basis then all the hundreds (thousands?) of posts that appear on this forum every month would simply vanish into the ether in the event that we have a problem with the server. And then what happens when you want to look up that part number for brake pads, etc?

The new Members Cars area is a great idea for letting folks show off what's in their garage too.

Keep up the good work fella, it is very much appreciated Big Grin

Best wishes,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Thanks Phil,

I honestly wasn't trying to have a pop at Arran. It might of came over like I was but Im just busy keeping everything going.

If people want the Events section opened up then I can do that no probs. Lets face it it's the DOC Club members forum and it can run however you guys want, just let me know.

Dan

PS We have a total of 19050 posts in over 2000 topics Shock