Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Finishers
Hey folks

Does anybody have a pic of the back of their door trim so I can see how the door finishers (vinyl stickets stuck to the stainless) are fitted. I'm pretty sure I know how it goes but dont wanna mess it up!

Cheers
Hi Scott,

They just go right along the back edge of the door. I seem to recall they follow the profile of the door. As long as you're not seeing that little bit of stainless showing through from the inside of the car it's all good :wink:

I do have a photo; I'll try and dig it out.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
im trying to picture where these bits go... sounds all very particular to me Smile lol
Hi Scott,

I changed my door stickers as the originals were split. I used DMCH old stock, but be careful as the adhesive isn't great at 27 years old.

If I were to do it again I'd get a sign shop to make me some new ones to pattern in 3M sticky backed plastic.

Any how, here's how they should be positioned.

[Image: 100_0409.jpg]

Hope that helps Big Grin

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
bozzzydmc Wrote:im trying to picture where these bits go... sounds all very particular to me Smile lol

"Small things make perfection.....Perfection is no small thing"

Quote: Sir Henry Royce

That's why I'm a short ass :lol: :lol:

Quote: Barren
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:im trying to picture where these bits go... sounds all very particular to me Smile lol

"Small things make perfection.....Perfection is no small thing"

Quote: Sir Henry Royce

That's why I'm a short ass :lol: :lol:

Quote: Barren

...Blimey!!...

You learn something new every day.... but as i sat in my car a moment ago I still wonder why these are needed Smile

Good advice though matey but seem like a lot of pennies for a sticker Smile

Regards

Dozzzy
DMCH details are:

Part Number:K111496 DOOR FINISHERS, BLACK Price: $37.66
Kit contains:

(1) 111494 Door Finisher, RH (Black)
(1) 111495 Door Finisher, LH (Black)

DMC Improved Part

I suppose the only saving grace is that they fit in a "Do Not Bend" envolope Big Grin

For a tenner per door it stops me having an obsessive compulsive disorder nervous breakdown, at the sight of a torn sticker :lol: :lol:

Best Regards
Barren
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I have the updated versions. Thanks for the pic! I'll put em on in the next couple of days. Ironicly finishing my door work for a good while!

Thanks alot!
bozzzydmc Wrote:You learn something new every day.... but as i sat in my car a moment ago I still wonder why these are needed Smile

Depending on how your doors and interior trim panels are fitted you can sometimes see a bit of stainless steel showing between the door trim and the rear arm-rest / speaker panel. Obviously not good on a car that cost $28.5k new.

I guess this was just a quick fix by the factory to hide it. My old VIN# 4400 used to have them but I don't think #12173 has any fitted yet.
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo