Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I found a cool DeLorean custom plate!
I think the current govt will be voted out next time Big Grin

I'd vote for the "state the bleedin obvious" party.

NickT
NickT Wrote:I think the current govt will be voted out next time Big Grin

I'd vote for the "state the bleedin obvious" party.

NickT

I hope you are right and I hope what BELFAST BOY #1458 and PseudoDuo™ wont happen, I suppose all I can really do is hope, if I cant get a D I will probably get a Audi as they are nice reliable cars.
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
Actually, if I cant get a D for any reason I will just get a G-Wiz... MUCH CHEAPER to buy and run, no road tax, no car tax, no repairs (just need to replace the battery every few years), no petrol (which by the time I am 17 will cost a f**king fortune anyway)...
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Flux Capacitor Wrote:Actually, if I cant get a D for any reason I will just get a G-Wiz... MUCH CHEAPER to buy and run, no road tax, no car tax, no repairs (just need to replace the battery every few years), no petrol (which by the time I am 17 will cost a f**king fortune anyway)...
You forgot to metion NO STREET CRED Shock
DOC # 595
LMAO! :lol: :lol: :lol:
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Dodgy Motor Wrote:
Flux Capacitor Wrote:Actually, if I cant get a D for any reason I will just get a G-Wiz... MUCH CHEAPER to buy and run, no road tax, no car tax, no repairs (just need to replace the battery every few years), no petrol (which by the time I am 17 will cost a f**king fortune anyway)...
You forgot to metion NO STREET CRED Shock

LOL its only as a last resort, but if things with fuel keep going as they are now then I will probably end up getting a electric car, luckily the tech is evolving all the time to in a few years when it comes to getting a car I will be able to get a decent one. Dont forget big car companys like BMW and Audi have announced they are working on electric cars.
I also love the fact that Morgan (of all people! Shock ) are doing the first fuel cell sports car:

http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/lifecar/li..._web_d.pdf

150 miles to every gallon of fuel consumed. As a fan of the traditional Morgans I wasn't so sure on the styling at first, but it's grown on me.

Cheers,

Phil
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
:lol: :lol: :lol: when i was at Uni, they told us that there is more than 140 years worth of crude oil, rather than what the public think of 40 years, fact of the matter is that oil production for public use has peaked very recently. and unfortunatly the Motor car as we know it is taking a backward step. the Motor car will only be for the rich and celebs, us mere mortals will have to make do with alternative transportation. anyone finding it more difficult to just go Fill there D's up to the neck with fuel? :roll: :?:
You Must not forget that we (USA &U.K) have two invaded countrys to run and steal there rescourses and that comes at a price,(fuel duty) just look at Haliburton or Black stream.
I do not wish to appear sinical, but I have travelled the world and seen things and only telling you how it is.....I might have the CIA after me now :lol:
Vin #1458
My reputition proceeds me....>
Back in good olde 1984, when a mere student, I built a "Shell motor mileage" car and did 1640mpg. (yes One Thousand, six hundred and forty miles per gallon) Shock

Came third that year in the competition held at Silverstone. Ford motor Co came first with over 3000mpg, and Jaguar 2nd.

Beat Kings College Oxford though! Big Grin

If anyones mildly interested I'll try and find a picture in my loft and post it on this thread.

We have the technology, but as usual don't use it.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
A few years ago I was semi-involved in one of those shell challenges with the school I used to go to. They didn't get anything like that kind of millage though.

I was also involved in this when I was at school http://www.greenpower.co.uk/about/ That was great fun. Me and a couple of mates built our own car and came 2nd place and got through to the final and did ok but beaten by the rich schools that gave a load of money to a company to build a car for them :roll: I bet health and safety have ruined the fun in it now though.
That Green power links interesting. I'm not sure if they still do the Shell event?

We weren't funded either and built our car from scrap in a shed! When we came third it was fantastic, compared to the competitors who had ££££'s :lol:

Ford had a ceramic engine and carbon fibre car. As did Jaguar.

We had an old canoe, some bicycle wheels, and an engine I made Big Grin

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Ours was built from box section frame we made and plywood body work. It had bicycle wheels and a sturmey archer 3-speed gearbox in the drive wheel.

This is it nearly finished. We were working on it until about half 2 in the morning of the race Big Grin Happy times indeed.

[Image: greencar.jpg]
Kinda like Early Learning Centre meets Soap Box Derby! :lol:

Now I've got to get in the loft and find a picture of our canoe on wheels.

Like the furry dice Big Grin

Best regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi Dan,

Sorry it's black and white, but it's all I have left to remind me of my yoof Cry

24 years ago and 1640mpg! God I looked young...Dyed jet black goth hair, no wonder I had no girl friends.
(I'm on the right, in case your wondering)
[Image: 100_0412.jpg]

Best regards
D
Bring on the ridicule, I can take it Big Grin
VIN 4532

DOC-574

£pound for £pound, and pure enjoyment I still think the Triumph Spitfires are the best cars I've owned...

Cheap to Buy/Run
Convertible
Tax exempt
Rear wheel drive offering sporty driving with great feedback
Super cheap insurance
Loads of parts available
Cheap & easy to work on
Girls love them (until the roof leaks in the rain and they get wet)

I love my DeLorean, but I had great fun with the Spitfires

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK