Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volvo Venturi Wanted/Needed
to be honest, I couldnt tell *that* much difference between the setup I had
with the volvo distributor and the "stage 1" as its become known.

My main problem, is that when my car is sitting at 'motorway (legal) speed',
it is over fuelling for want of a better explanation (NickT can explain better as
he did the tests on Flopsy). The venturi on my car has been found to be
incorrect for the set up on it.

If I'm really honest, I wish I'd never wasted hundreds of pounds two years
ago having the work done Sad Its subsequently cost me shedloads of cash in
poor fuel consumption, with my car (a manual) often doing 10mpg LESS then
an Automatic version on a motorway run. :evil: And people wonder why
I havent rushed to put my car on the road........ 17mpg, £5.00 a gallon....go figure... :roll:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:17mpg, £5.00 a gallon

Bloody hell Shock I get 30mpg on a run in mine, so you should see a massive improvment when its sorted Big Grin
Dan1986 Wrote:

Bloody hell Shock I get 30mpg on a run in mine, so you should see a massive improvment when its sorted Big Grin

tell me about it!! I cant wait for the day that NickT comes and gives my Flopsy
some proper "NickT Loving" and I dont have to sell a kidney to take her somewhere!! lol
"proper NickT Loving"

Thanks Claire so close to bedtime, that's an image in my head I don't need in bed tonight. :lol: :lol:

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Dan1986 Wrote:

Not to rub salt in anyones wound here .. i got at least that on my trip to Norfolk ...

Yes and mines an auto ..

Sorry to hear of your poor fuel economy Claire Sad hope you can get it sorted soon matey.
Darren C Wrote:"proper NickT Loving"

Thanks Claire so close to bedtime, that's an image in my head I don't need in bed tonight. :lol: :lol:

Best Regards
D

haha, sorry mate - in the immortal words of Crimewatch - "Dont Have Nightmares!" :lol:

Bozzy - it would be great to have you and NickT (and anyone else who's up
for a Tech Sesh) down to stay one weekend - get the barby fired up, have a few Magners..... :wink:
bozzzydmc Wrote:Yes but seriously in the pursuit of extra power why do i never hear of good things about this 'stage 1'?

Each to their own at the end of the day but im very happy with my stock fuel /air stuff and freeflow SS Exhaust. Something i #will# get dyn'd soon.

I have to agree with you, quite frankly the addition of the free flow exhaust and a good tune up is probably the best way to get a more 'responsive' engine.

I wish I hadn't bothered with the so called 'Stage 1' and I will most probably revert to the stock set-up and go for the new exhaust system, my gasgets need changing anyway so I might as well stick on the new set-up while I'm at it.

Just got to see if I can find all the bits!

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
JamesRGUK Wrote:
bozzzydmc Wrote:Yes but seriously in the pursuit of extra power why do i never hear of good things about this 'stage 1'?

Each to their own at the end of the day but im very happy with my stock fuel /air stuff and freeflow SS Exhaust. Something i #will# get dyn'd soon.

I have to agree with you, quite frankly the addition of the free flow exhaust and a good tune up is probably the best way to get a more 'responsive' engine.

I wish I hadn't bothered with the so called 'Stage 1' and I will most probably revert to the stock set-up and go for the new exhaust system, my gasgets need changing anyway so I might as well stick on the new set-up while I'm at it.

James

Honestly .. your spot on there ... with the help of Nick T over the last few years my car has been faultless.. and now with the new exhaust its really fab to drive ... on the way back from eurotec there was a BMW 840 on the A1, both me and NickT sure gave this a run for its money!

The D is a great car to drive when its tuned up properly ...even in its 'stock' state...

great to see you at the weekend James!
bozzzydmc Wrote:The D is a great car to drive when its tuned up properly ...even in its 'stock' state...

couldnt have put it better myself Smile
Darren C Wrote:"proper NickT Loving"

Best Regards
D

Oy Cheeky !

Big Grin
bozzzydmc Wrote:
JamesRGUK Wrote:

James

Honestly .. your spot on there ... with the help of Nick T over the last few years my car has been faultless.. and now with the new exhaust its really fab to drive ... on the way back from eurotec there was a BMW 840 on the A1, both me and NickT sure gave this a run for its money!

The D is a great car to drive when its tuned up properly ...even in its 'stock' state...

great to see you at the weekend James!

Cheers for the nice words Mike, it's fun to have delorean garage days.

That was fun with the BMW Smile Didn't know what hit him Big Grin

I think one of the best things to do on mine was the suspension alignment, and putting bozzzys old exhaust silencer on as mine had a nice dent in it that constricted one of the pipes. I will take a pic of that !

My car is all stock at the moment.

NickT
Chris Hawes is pleased with his stage one as far as I know, and I think Stuart N's is stage 1 also and runs great.
I am VERY happy with my Stage 1 although Stuart N has a Stage 2 in his car. Different cams etc make the difference between the two versions and I think there are other differences too...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Thats good to see Chris

Has anyone ever Dyno'd a car with this 'stage one' stuff on it?
Hmm - perhaps I need some lovin' too. I've never had quite that good a fuel consumption even on long smooth runs... I ususlly work on 22mpg, which I was reasonably happy with until I realised everyone else was doing better! That's in completely standard spec, by the way...
Richard Hanlon
Derbyshire
DOC 393

1981 DMC-12 VIN 06126