Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooling hose cross match?
Hi there, does anyone know where I can get the cooling hose that (if you are looking down at the engine bay) comes up from the otter stat switch pipe and folds around the rear of the engine before going into the top of the engine? I have a pin hole in it which pees the system dry when the engine gets hot. Only just found it to be the source of the problem today. Any cross match nos. or dealerships (Volvo / Renault etc.) where I can pick one up would be most helpful!!!

Cheers

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
Cant help you locate a new one over here but maybe your could temporarily wrap it in some water proof tape , I believe B and Q sell it for fixing pipes.

Or you could chop the hose at the leak point and inset a short piece of pipe and hose clamp it at that point for now ?

Seems like this is now is an X ref off another car and hence doesnt fit very well ...
See if you can get a short piece of metal pipe of external diameter same as internal diameter of pipe (30mm I think but DON@T QUOTE ME ON IT), cut the coolant pipe in 2 where the hole is then insert this as a sleeve. This would at best be a temporary solution and I won't guarantee it!

If it is a tiny pin prick hole then you could screw in a self tapping screw then wrap lots of tape around it. Again, this would at best be a temporary solution and I won't guarantee it!

NickT
Mike, you beat me to it !

NickT
...yes spooky.. we could have been twins !!

(Obviously im Arnold Schwarzenegger...)

32mm internal diameter on the hose .. i remember that from when i did mine .
bozzzydmc Wrote:...yes spooky.. we could have been twins !!

Oi ! Shock
Thanks guys! Wasnt sur if it was an easy part to get. I will give it a temporary fix til I get a new one!

Hope all is well with you both!!!!!!!

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com
bozzzydmc Wrote:...yes spooky.. we could have been twins !!

More like "yes Spocky" judging by your Photo :lol: :lol:

Regards
Barren
VIN 4532

DOC-574
That hose is special to the delorean.

Be warned, the replacements are a rubbish fit. Too long in various directions, too easy to kink, and generally unsatisfactory.....
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
What do all the following things have in common ?

Angle drives
Light switches
Fuel senders
Water pump coolant hoses
Seat Covers

Yes the 30 year old OEM parts were much better ! Wink
Sad well I will try my best; I'll do the temporary fix tonight with a screw and some gunk and see what happens; the car is being displayed in Leicester Sq this weekend so its a bit of a treck from Bristol to London Cry I am off to the states in 2 weeks passing through Texas so I will see if i can pick one up from there.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Chris
Chris Reynolds
www.deloreanhire.com