Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailing Arm Bolts
Hi,
I have just tried to order a pair of TABs from Delorean Parts North West, but Toby says that they are not currently in stock and they don't know when they will be! Sad
Does anyone have a recommendation for the bolts, are the DMCH/Ed Uding ones any good. I was attracted to the quality of 'Tobys TABs' and once they are done I don't want to do them again.
I'm a bit worried that mine are original 'cos the aluminium shields look like thay have never been off. Plus the gap between the rear wheel and the bottom of the rear quarters are different either side! :?

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
My recommendation are these, i know a few cars with these fitted, mine have been on 4 years and have not suffered from any rust or bending , only checked them a month ago.... They come with an allan key head ...ideal if your car is an auto ...

http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/suspension.html

Trailing Arm Bolts
$9.95 ea bolt. 106883
Add to Basket
This is an up grade from
the original.
Heavy Cad plated
for greater rust protection.
12.9 vs 10.9 tensile strength.
Connecting to frame and
trailing arm.

[Image: delorean-trailing-arm-bolts_small.jpg]
If your trailing arm shields haven't come off before then the nuts and bolts wuold be rusty. On the inside of the car (under battery and in cubby hole) the top of the "bolts" are flat and horrible. You need 2 people to remove them. Once removed it is advisable that these are replaced with the stainless strips with bolts that are riveted in place. Much easier.

I am sure Mike has a link for these if my explanation is a bit erratic.

Once you have replaced the TAB's (and bushes if they are old and cracked) it would be a good opportunity to align the rear wheels at an alignment place to set rear thrust angle to zero.

Good luck.

NickT

ps I have the TABS from specialt auto too and have been great.
Mine is an auto.
Good point Nick... yes these are a must !

Trailing arm bolt cover bracket
hold downs.

Replacement for the bolts that break
when you take off the rear trailing
arm covers. Stainless steel.
$32.95 set/pr.

[Image: hold-downs.jpg]

http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/frame-body.html
NickT Wrote:.............. I have the TABS from specialt auto too and have been great.
Mine is an auto.

Nick perhaps you could give me some pointers at Eurotech as I too have an auto and need to change the tabs.

James RG
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
Another beer for Nick!!!
Dan1986 Wrote:Another beer for Nick!!!
hmmm maybe a light shandy
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
lol...thats ok thanks i will get my own :roll:
I'll get you a beer Mike Smile
NickT Wrote:I'll get you a beer Mike Smile

whayy! Smile
Thanks for that guys, My cars trailing arm shields have never been off then as the bolts are original and very rusty!
Definitely time to change the 27 year old TABs then... Shock
I can't see that Specialtauto do the bushes too, will try & source these from one of the other vendors.
All the best for this weekend, wish I could go - maybe next year Big Grin
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
If you need the bushes they are the same as the Lotus Esprit's so you can get them in the Uk for about £15

If you want poly ones they are available but cost a little more

Dan
Quote:Nick perhaps you could give me some pointers at Eurotech as I too have an auto and need to change the tabs.

They're an absolute git, and need some serious leverage to get them in. Definately a two man job
Richard H. DOC 365 VIN 1274
http://www.deloreans.co.uk
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
RichH Wrote:
Quote:Nick perhaps you could give me some pointers at Eurotech as I too have an auto and need to change the tabs.

They're an absolute git, and need some serious leverage to get them in. Definately a two man job
Are the Manual cars easier to do then? I have access to a 2 post lift which will hopefully make it easier.
Thanks Dan for the bush cross ref :wink:

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Yes ... the auto box is a differnet shape making the drivers side bolt harder to remove.... especially if its a bit bent.

Thats why i recommended the Special T bolts they have a nice allan key head to tighten them up with.

With a lift it will be much easier .. and as Rich says get a mate to help you with it .