Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted: any car!
Hi all Smile

I'm trying to find myself a running car, for under 100 pounds, for a project 8)

It would be great to hear from any of you if you have seen a car for sale out an about at this sort of price, or perhaps even have one yourself you want ric of.

I've trawled ebay and autotrader and stuff, but it's not TOO hopeful.

I live in the Hertfordshire/Essex area, and moderately local cars would be preferred. I don't really car what make or model, but i'd be looking at a small hatchback sort of car like, for example, an old ford fiesta.

my project is gonna be so fun and i'm really excited, need an actual car to get going though =P

Thanks for your help! Big Grin
Forget Autotrader, adverts too expensive for anyone selling £100 car.

If you're patient something may turn up on Ebay, eg 120266762108 a 106 finishing 8an Sunday, currently £62.

Concentrate on the free ad websites, gumtree, friday ad, adtrader and loot. Search them very day and be quick getting on the phone.

Alternatively go pay a few local garages a visit, they may well have cars they have taken as part x. Remember Top Gear, clarkson bought a Volvo for a quid from a garage.

Or find your local small scale car auction, Letchworth Car Auctions for example.

Good Luck
Rich J
hi

at auction you will easily get a car...by us at cannock they go for £40 upwards!.

but some look pretty bad.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I only paid £46 for my Cavalier GLS TD off ebay Smile And I got £15 rebate
when I changed my insurance over, so you could say it owed me £31! :lol:

Did the headgasket and changed the radiator and a few other little bits (all parts off ebay),
and on the road (before road tax) it was £94.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
steve.s Wrote:hi

at auction you will easily get a car...by us at cannock they go for £40 upwards!.

but some look pretty bad.

I bought my BMW at Cannock in November, it was more like £3000 though
Follow my Restoration Progress at http://www.project2456.co.uk
VIN 2456, 2835
DOC 621
Hi Dan,

If the mad cow parks her peugeot on my drive again you can have it for free. In fact I'll pay you to take it away :lol: :wink:

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1941

Good luck in your quest.
Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
I never knew you could get cars so cheap!

I am guessing that anything under £100 wont run well at all, though, and the OP did day it was a project car so oh well.
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
if it were me, i would go for an old ford with an ohv engine, bullet proof and not a lot to them, just my opinion :wink: tt
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor