Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel Sender
JamesRGUK Wrote:
Chris Hawes Wrote:..............**Also my comment about the Character was little tongue in cheek, hope I didn't hit a nerve Nick!**

James

Ooh James you are controversial ! Big Grin

NickT
I also have a Houston fuel gauge, about 1 years use so far.

It is far superior to no fuel gauge, but as others have commented not perfect.

Yes when you go up/down hills the level varies. It has 8 notches, due to the reed switches.

I did contemplate making an additional plug in module to make the houston fuel gauge 'more accurate' but decided not enough people were likely to interested to make it worth the effort.

As hinted at in one of the posts, making the holes smaller would make the gauge react less to hills etc. As it is the houston gauge has 2 screws in the holes to make them smaller. make the hole even smaller it will vary less.

So, basically, the gauge won't be quite so pretty but it will do the job just fine, when the light starts coming on/going off, you know you'll need to fill up soon, wich is the important thing.

As there are no real alternatives, I suggest wait till your fuel gauge stops working again, then fit a houston one.
Rich J
The even newer versions have the letter "A" cast into the black top portion for easy identification.
These have a range of 12 settings, as shown in the image below. They are also a bitshorter to allow better fit in the cars
http://dmctalk.com/attachment.php?attac ... 1211213207
bozzzydmc Wrote:The even newer versions have the letter "A" cast into the black top portion for easy identification.
These have a range of 12 settings, as shown in the image below. They are also a bitshorter to allow better fit in the cars
http://dmctalk.com/attachment.php?attac ... 1211213207

That certainly looks like it will do the job, it's got to be better than my current situation!

James
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK