Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
d drivers side lower pannel
hi all

does any know were i can either get my hands on the pannel that every one knows come loose when you get into your delorean it some times come apart from the orignal panaling on the lowe pannel at the back of the driver door( little grey or back pannel ) mine is grey and flat due to a a lager person sitting in my car over the weekend and ripping it totally off :twisted: :twisted:

can you still buy this part
or

get it repaird ?
Put a pic up if you can and/ or quote a part number.

Also say which side it is from as it may be handed.

NickT
hi nick

will do tomorrow i looket on the delorean.com and they don,t list it but i put a photo up tomorrow
If it is the part I am thinking of, I may have one as a spare but in black. It could be sprayed grey. I will have to have a look as the spare I have may be the panel where your elbow touches when seated.

NickT.
NickT Wrote:If it is the part I am thinking of, I may have one as a spare but in black. It could be sprayed grey. I will have to have a look as the spare I have may be the panel where your elbow touches when seated.

NickT.

I have half a tin of Ed's grey trim paint if it helps!

Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
hi both

it sounds like a plan just been speaking to ed and he sais that the states are very low on them but he has a few if i can,t get it reapried in some way as i said i will post on here tomrrow thanks for the help guys...... :lol:
Hi Glen

Had a real job trying to sort these out on my car.
NONE available world wide.

However you can get them repaired/retrimmed by Richmond and James on 02392 266899.

Check out my photo's on the "Grey vinyl" post. Panels look like new.

You'll need to follow the tech tip in last years club mag on changing your rear speakers to get the panel off safely.

Good luck.

PS if you have any probs just email me and I'll talk you through it.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
hi there

mine will be a liitle harder to change than a normal delorean as all the bttf kit is in it but the car will be off the road for two weeks know due to the under wheel convertion been done plus a total new revamp in side but i have to have it back on the road for june as it going to disney to a show for the doc club :lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s

plus going to see paul in hospital :roll:
Glen & Sam Wrote:hi there

mine will be a liitle harder to change than a normal delorean as all the bttf kit is in it but the car will be off the road for two weeks know due to the under wheel convertion been done plus a total new revamp in side but i have to have it back on the road for june as it going to disney to a show for the doc club :lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s

can you give him my regards and drop him a mike hammer dvd to cheer him up LUV TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Darren C Wrote:Had a real job trying to sort these out on my car.
NONE available world wide.

Yep, what Darren said. Quite a few bits of interior trim are now seem to be getting VERY scarce Sad

I can't remember your VIN Glen but I think it's somewhere in the 3XXX range? If so I'm guessing you're after the early type trim piece with the with the separate vinyl-stiched arm rest extension bit. You may have to go down the route of getting a used one matey, or possibly a repair to your existing one?
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Still not sure what piece you are talking about, and where it is damaged, any chance of a photo Glen?

James RG
www.classicdelorean.com
Colchester - Essex - UK
[Image: 8-7-5.gif]

It is the 'rear arm rest' on the drivers side... like mine this is a 2 part piece that was replaced on later models by an 'all in one'

Part 42 on this pic http://www.delorean.com/store/c-319-8-7 ... -trim.aspx
Glen & Sam Wrote:hi there

p.s

'Under wheel conversion ' sounds interesting ...any further info Gleny
This might be of some help Glen:

http://pkzip.livejournal.com/2007/10/03/
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo