Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to buy a Delorean
Thanks for all the advice so far

I have made the decision not to buy off ebay and import myself, I wouldn't want to risk it

My thoughts at the moment would be an import to order from PJ Gradys, when I talk to them and find out more about it - it sounds good to me anyway!

I have every intention of coming to the eurotec event so I should see you all there
DOC 625
Hi again Richard if you are comeing to eurotec come and find me and i will take you out in my delorean that i brought from gradys so you can get a feel of what sort of car you will get from these guys.you really wont be disapointed.
i can't beleave you are where i was 1 year ago when i went to eurotec last year i didn't have a delorean and that is where i first meet darren and chris and they told me about hana (delorean) about a month later i was driving her.we will be there on the friday night all day saturday and sunday .the offer is there anyway

cheers mate Tyson
Good advise there Tyson

It will be good to see you again this time with your car that you talked about last year...

Gee was it a year ago!!!

I will vouch for PJGrady UK any day of the week ... in all the time I was club Secretary I honestly never heard a 'bad' word about them... so credit where credit is due there ...... I deal with a lot of companies 'outside' of the DeLorean field .. its a real shame i cant say the same thing about that Smile
hi mike yes it was a year ago wow how fast has that gone i remember asking you what gradys where like if you remember and i think you had seen hana before me and said she was a good car ,seems like yesterday
but hay what a great year with a delorean in my over small garage met some really nice pepole over the last year from the club and some other ones that hasn't got much taste in radio stations YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.but really looking forward to the second year.
roll on eurotec

cheers all tyson

ps hay darren/chris are you doing any demos at eurotec this year like you did last year???
Hey guys,

Demos....I'm sure we can come up with something.

I was going to do a show and tell with Pilot 20, pointing out all of the differences and explaining the cars history, etc. I may also do a quick 'future owners presentation' like the one I did last November, if there's any interest.

Chris will no doubt do some stainless demos if we ply him with enough lemonade and cigarettes.

We're looking forward to the event - it should be a great couple of days....

Thanks for all of the kind words guys....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Hi guys

Thanks for all the help and advice - I certainly know where to go next in my quest for a D

I do hope to see you all at the eurotec but anything could happen with work etc so I cant be definite yet!

I will no doubt be contacting PJ Gradys within the next week

Thanks again
Rick
DOC 625
Hi Richard

Just seen this car listed on ebay. Looks a real gem at £12K,

Would cost around £3k for shipping and duty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... enameZWDVW

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Hi Richard

Just seen this car listed on ebay. Looks a real gem at £12K,

Would cost around £3k for shipping and duty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... enameZWDVW

Best Regards
D

ooo nice, mikey wantSmile lol
DOC 527
Vin #10264
looks a nice car fcr the money Mike, wouldnt need much spending on it
either - the interior is in very good order - looks like it just wants a luggage
net and some leather feed on the seats.

Some eybrowing on the front fascia, but thats normal and is easy to sort.

You gonna go for it then mate? :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
heh i wish, depends on how much in total itd cost to import and get it sorted for uk roads. by the time id work that out it would have soldTongue
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Chassis looks like it has been painted black, i wonder why?.

There also seems to be a lot of fixings looking a bit rusty...

Looks nice but underneath pictures are needed to make a good judgement on this one.
yup, if its painted black theres a chance it holds a nasty secret. with that sort of money its just not worth the risk
DOC 527
Vin #10264
hi

i also noticed the rusty fixings.
my car had been outside for quite a long time, and my hot air feed pipe to the left was rusty.

new pipe available from volvo....confused them when they asked for Vin!.

i gather some later cars chassis were painted in the uS at the quality control centres?.

i personally like to see the epoxy...you know where you are then. and mine has lasted pretty good for 27 years, and i see no reason why with a bit of patching of por 15 why it shouldn't last.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
The rusty fixings and air hose is consistant with it being in storage for a while.

By the look of the body and interior I'd be very surprised if the chassis has any nasty surprises. After all if you'd kept your car so tidy on top the underside wouldn't be neglected?

I do agree the black paint is unusual, but may have been done to "protect" the chassis in someone strange (yank) train of thought. Big Grin

As with all cars I'd want it checked out independantly first.

Still can't get over the condition of the seats and dash!

As I said earlier it'll be around £3K in duties and shipping. Definately worth a punt following an inspection.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Quote:By the look of the body and interior I'd be very surprised if the chassis has any nasty surprises. After all if you'd kept your car so tidy on top the underside wouldn't be neglected?

I have to disagree with that bit as I flew up to Glasgow back in 2002 to look at a DeLorean that was concours apart from the chassis which was in a terrible state. The owner had told me that it had been in a heated garage for most of its life (surely an oven to burn the epoxy off) and the low 2800 miles verified its cosseted appearance. I am guessing that this was one of the cars that was left standing at the Belfast docks for a long period. Everything from the group up on the outside was covered in rust. I was lucky, when I arrived to view the car it was up on a four poster going through its MOT and I was able to view the underside straight away and realised that I had wasted my trip especially when the seller wouldn't drop the price to compensate for the frame off requirement. The car eventually sold to another club member but by then the chassis had been 'touched up' with a wire brush and grey Hammerite...
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed