Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GULL 81
Dear all, I am thinking of disposing of the registration number GUI 181....or "GUII 81" if you like.

I could sell it through a dealer, but would be happy for it to go a club member for about £860, which is the cost of the new one I am getting for Vin 510. It is on retention so no further costs involved in getting it on your car.

give me a ring on 07746 296 228
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I'll have it Chris, I reckon' that will look pretty cool on my restored car. I will sort it out with you when I pick up that other stuff.
Regards Julian
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
Hi Chris,

Put me down as a second choice if it does'nt work out for Julian.

Unless you want to turn this into an auction :twisted:

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
No its no Aution.

I could have put it on ebay if i'd wanted to do that.

Right, Julian you have first shout ( zinc is ready) and Darren as reserve. But Darren it wouldn't be a pity to lose you original SIJ number anyway?
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
How much to SIJ number plates go for these days ?

NickT
Hi Nick,

they are particularly expensive, £400-£1200ish, but many of the main batch of RHD cars were issued with SIJ numbers, ie 1079, 1081, 1082, 1083, 1084, 5699,are one's that I know of. (they all still have them) Its just a bit of their history.

Very much like the three AXI RHD cars, 1697, 1698 and 1699. Out of this batch, only my old car AXI 1698 retains its original Northern Irish number.

AXI 1699 had its number changed on the insistence of the solicitor father of the new young owner, Martin......it must have a "Proper English" number, so it ended up with MGJ 126Y. And AXI 1697 suffered at the hands of the owner of the Patrick Collection, who put an "Age" related plate on all his cars, so as an 82 car, it became SOA 82Y.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:Very much like the three AXI RHD cars, 1697, 1698 and 1699. Out of this batch, only my old car AXI 1698 retains its original Northern Irish number.

It would be nice to see these cars reunited with their original number plates again (and factory original plates in this case!) just as Pilot 25 was a few years ago.

And then of course we could have a nice article about it in the club mag :wink:
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi

yes the RHD cars need their history preserving and should keep their original numbers.

Chris P ! i like you! would love to own MGJ :wink: and if i had it would badger DVLA for its original number if its available! (not that i think DVLA would be too helpful)

they did not let me keep the original title from mine and said it had to go back to the state of origin.

as if.....and what use is an old US title to a car registered in the UK..i wanted it for historic reasons.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I wonder what registration number VIN# 510 had when it was owned by the factory? Certainly some of the DMCL company DeLorean cars were properly registered on Northern Ireland reg plates but maybe a prototype / development car might have been different.

If I recall correctly it had done about 3k miles by the time it was auctioned off at the Henry Butcher auction in 1984 so you'd assume it had seen some road use. Unless of course it just went round and round the test track!
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
HI ALL

im still after the club member i think who had hill 2015 reg for sale as i was saving for the old plate that was on leffty but i have been told that chris has sold it know so :roll: i have to keep saving....