Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
REV Counter
Hi Guy's (and Girls),

When I turn off the ignition the Rev counter comes to rest at 3000RPM?

With the engine running its fine, so turn off at idle (775) and it jumps up to 3000 and stays there.

Tap the binnacle and its still there?

Disconnect the battery and it's still at 3000, start up and its fine (works perfect)?

Any idea's, this can't be normal?

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
A bit higher than where it normally rests Darren, but I find it's between 1000 and 2000 RPM depending on if you are revving the engine when you turn the key off. I wouldn't worry about it if it's working ok otherwise.

Ben
another perk of the de dont worry about it, i thought my tank sender had packed up but all it was, was the battery had lost charge Big Grin
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Another DeLorean "perk" I've seen is the original oil pressure sender making the oil pressure needle whiz round backwards when the engine's at idle! :lol:

The rev counter thing is normal too, don't worry about it Big Grin
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
another perk of the de is the amount of petrol you use so you are keeping the people at the petrol stations in a job :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Thanks Guys

Not used to all these quirks, it's reasuring to know it's "normal".

As long as it keeps reading when the engine is running I'll forget about it, although several people pointed it out to me yesterday at the Southern Classic Club do.
Not as may as asked "where's the flux capacitor mate?" Had great pleasure in telling them that when you remove the flux capacitor the rev counter reads high!

Thanks again

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren C Wrote:Not as may as asked "where's the flux capacitor mate?" Had great pleasure in telling them that when you remove the flux capacitor the rev counter reads high!

Thanks again

Best Regards
D

hahaha PMSL - I'll have to remember that one!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Tourettes Tony Wrote:another perk of the de is the amount of petrol you use so you are keeping the people at the petrol stations in a job :lol: TT

yes i know what you mean by that tourettes before i got my delorean the pakistani fellow in our local garage use to say to me "i quote" number mate that it be £20.00 and didn't even look at me.
After i got my delorean the same man now smiles at me and says that will be £60.00 my very good friend and i will see you in a few days sir.