Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Circuit Breaker connections.
ey up.

just replaced my cooling fan circuit breaker with a new one of Hervey's and went to put the connections onto the posts (to match up the way in which they we originally installed).

Does it matter which way around the terminals go? i think yes.

I originally had Brown/Orange connected to AUX and Black/Orange connected to the BAT. Which is the wrong way around. everything I've seen suggests that Brown/Orange is connected (eventually) to the Battery and should be connected to BAT.

This would mean that i had the breaker the wrong way around for 27 years?
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Brown/Orange connected to BAT ( through the relay)

Black/Orange connected to the AUX
yep - that's what i now have. Smile cheers.

What the effect of having them the wrong way around? :?
- Dave Smith

well i dont know :lol: i havent even checked mine i thought it didn't matter :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Smile

I dont really think on these type of CB that it really matters, at the end of the day yours has worked for 27 years Smile

Good upgrade there steve, did you do any relays etc whilst you were in there ??
are you talking to me? :oops: :wink: :lol:

I did the relays last year.

Latterly the relay compartment - and cabin - filled with the small of burning plastic (you know - the bad smell).

I knew it was the cooling fans because the smell wouldn't be around when they weren't cycling. at first I thought it was the fan fail bypass (thin gauge wire :oops: ) but having examined the cicruit diagram i traced the thing back to the cruddy looking CB. The plastic spade connector covers we crumbling in my fingers. so i cliped them re-did the ends and replaced the CB Smile

I've just had the car running for 45minutes and the fans cycles a bunch of times and no smell. Solved Smile

I've just got to get the stinging of 'rich condition' out of my eyes now.
What i look like right now: Shock

Where's the optrex, i wonder.....
- Dave Smith

Don't you love it when a plan comes together 8)

NickT