Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 NEC classic car show weekend + AGM meeting
There you go ...answered my own question ...

Q: How much is car parking?
A: The car parking charge set by the venue (not by the show) is £8.00 per car.
Comparing costs it just goes to show what value the EuroTec event is !

I don't fancy paying £15 just to go and vote at an AGM.
Can someone from the committee state when a postal vote will be in place?

Thanks

NickT.
Surly DOC members dont have to pay admission as they are working on the stand?
VIN: 6511
I will let Glen answer fully, but it would be nice if that was the case, the Club only gets allocated a certain amount of wristbands and carpark tickets.

However we do try to get as many as we can #in #
Hi All

all staff on the stand and two car owners will have there passes bozzy is right about the tickets as being there are only two cars i don't see us getting a lot of tickets this or evan less than last year
i may order mine early to cover me and mr monk Cry
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
In answer to Nicks question. When the notification for the AGM goes out, (which as far as I'm aware will be at the NEC) This will give details of how to vote either by post or e-mail. This is all as per the new club constitution that came into effect on the 1st of Jan. And will eliminate the need to attend any event just to attend an AGM should one feel you cant afford or dont wish to or are away Etc Etc! Hope this helps.
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Just to add to Chris's comments, we have been looking into holding the AGM
elsewhere, and somewhere cheaper, but as with many things, there are time
restrictions. If we had an AGM somewhere else central, like Gaydon, it would
still mean some folks having to travel to the Midlands, be it to the AGM or to
the NEC.

We know the NEC isnt ideal for the AGM, far from it, which is why Postal
Voting is being put forward as an option for this years AGM. Anyone interested
in applying for a particular role needs to make themselves known in writing
to Chris Williams at least 1 month before the AGM (ie before Sunday 19 October)
so that they can be put on voting slips which will be posted out to all members
in time for the AGM.

Hope this helps Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Hi all

Our stand this year is going to be a normal stand this year just a basic one due to the space we have been givin if there is any one that would like to give us a hand on setting up then more the better but the only tickets been given out this year is for the people who have there cars on show and people on the stand for all thorugh the event as i have been informed that there are not at lot of tickets at all this year been givin out and its just not our club either but i will udate you when i get any news regards the agm been held at other events then yes its up to votes and club memebrs to say the what the club wants... talking to chris p this week we are trying to frind a better room with seating and air con so we don,t all die in there like last year

we all know that prices are going high at the moment but looking around at other major events the nec prices are liitle bit more money to get into but other events are starting to put the prices just below the nec car shows events. the london show was creeping up the last three times i have been there for the club stand and evan i had to pay to park my car and transporter last time ( mad really ) so i can say

i know its a little expensive but if we all can get there just for one day mostly the weekend its the only time the club gets to gether for a big event apart from euro tec events and on saturdat night we are still do the same night as last year pub,club,drunk, so it can be made a good wekend ii my self will find it hard this year as i used all my holidays going around doing club stands so i might have to just do the weekend and pop in on the days in the week to see if every think is ok due to my holidays have run out :twisted:but i find a wasy of setting up again this year as there will not be truck coming just a van this year :o
I don't think the nec ticket price is 'that' bad considering how good the show is. I agree 8 quid to park your car is a right rip off though :roll:
dan you won,t have to park your parking inside this year :lol:
And the killer thing is that some shows that are on the same weekend, ie motorcycle shows, etc are free parking. Me and a colleague found that out 2 years ago. Classic car show visitors paid, and "horse" show visitors were free parking. Now where is the justification there? Not to mention the outrageous food prices in them badly run establishments on site.....
hi

yes i agree with that but i have looket into this with dave after last year problems each show evan if its under the classic car show is run by another company ie the classic car show run by rainbow the motor bike show run by post man pat but people think just because the shows are together in the same project or near halls they should be all charged the same price but its up the the event people who run the event to state that as you say

one show car park is £8.00
horse rider show foc
motor bike £2.00
there are three diffrent companys there and all three companu charge there own way dome might include free parking some want to hit you hard in the pocket i tell you some think me & dave have to pay £50.00 deposit to unload each van and if your over your loading time you loose it that mad for you
these events are a bit of a rip-off and the only defence is they have to cover the rent on hosting at these exibition centers, skanking g*ts :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
we've always found that if you stay late enough (not massively late tho),
by the time you get out to the carpark, find your car, and get to the barrier,
usually the storm trooper at the booth has gone home and you can get out for nothing.

I never make the mistake of paying for parking in advance and 99% of the time
drive out without having to pay Big Grin

Cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie