Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Importing Deloreans
Right

I have bought 2 cars from America and want to make sure everything happens safely for both parties. One is from a dealer and the other from a private seller. The dealer sent me an invoice to sign and I requested the same from the private seller.

How should this go?
From my experience, you dont actualy need any paper work here, the private seller should now sign the title over to you and he should write out a receipt, on it he MUST say weather anything else is included in the sale,i.e. spares, accessories etc, then its down to you to get your shipper to pick the car up. The driver that collects the car will need the title and receipt for customs,
the shipper will need your passport number and full details,
hope this helps, good luck
DOC # 595
Excellent mate. 2 leaps of faith required. The seller to give his bank details and me to send the cash. Gulp! Here goes
buying two! wow, you really have got the bug!! :lol:

Good luck with your purchases, and keep us all posted Big Grin
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
mnickels Wrote:Excellent mate. 2 leaps of faith required. The seller to give his bank details and me to send the cash. Gulp! Here goes

don't want to contradict what somone's already said but my shipper needed the title and bill of sale posted to their offices for them to do the export paper work. you might want to check. Who's doing the shipping?
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Claire Usher Wrote:buying two! wow, you really have got the bug!! :lol:

Good luck with your purchases, and keep us all posted Big Grin

Thanks. Looking forward to their arrival. 2456 needs a lot of mechanical and interior work as far as I know. I don't think it will take too much to improve the other as it is currently driving with a good interior.
Barson Wrote:
mnickels Wrote:Excellent mate. 2 leaps of faith required. The seller to give his bank details and me to send the cash. Gulp! Here goes

don't want to contradict what somone's already said but my shipper needed the title and bill of sale posted to their offices for them to do the export paper work. you might want to check. Who's doing the shipping?

I have priced Trans Global and another company to see how they compare. I know that customs need the original with the car but the shipper may only require a copy to complete their paper work, not sure.