vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
delorean12uk Wrote:I was thinking of this steering wheel but isn't the same, close though

[Image: CA8XER85.jpg]

Also why I'm on here, this has absolutely nothing to do with this subject but my brother is back with his X, she is a nice girl with a lovely personality.

[Image: avatar2.jpg]

oye leave my sister out of it LOL TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Thanks for the efforts guys - I'm still looking too.

I found a wheel on an Opel Manta 'B' model that was very similar, but I'm now working through Lotus engineers to see if anyone remembers.

Parts on the pilot cars were very odd - the coolant bottle was from a Ford transit, the wiring loom was from a Lotus, etc - so it could be from anything!

My cash prize still stands!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
This has intrigued me for some time.

My thoughts ran as follows:

The pilot wheel was perhaps part of Guigiaro’s concept. Articles on the design company include pictures of other concept cars which used similar wheels.He created a Fiat Panda, correct shape but without the pilot wheels’ tapered contours.

http://www.italdesign.it/dinamic/galler ... =prototype

The wheel was put in by Lotus from the obvious Peugot/Renault/Volvo stock list. Again, as many of you have said wheels of the late 1970’s had a similar look but nothing quite correct.

The wheel was put in by Lotus using their parts bin, or something from a UK component selection. Again, the Opel Manta, certain variations of the Rolls Royce and Marina’s come close.

The car is called the Visioneering Prototype. The US Visioneering company website (www.vistool.com) lists build some DeLorean prototype as one of its acheivements. Specifically they list the build of the interior….

I have been in contact recently with the UK team to ask if they had further details, they have forwarded my request to a member of staff who used to work on the DeLorean management team, but so far no success.

Repeated searches of the internet picture finders for every variation I could think of have not yielded the answer, nor has lots of browsing e-bay for ‘steering wheel’ (who knew that was such a big market!!!)

The effort Chris and Darren have gone to mean that I think the car deserves the correct wheel, and they deserve to find it.

The search continues!

John C
DOC 19/19a : ‘Boeing’ : #0737
the visioneering car is in the US.

Sacha went to view it but a gather that the owner would not let him and became cagey.

he also said that the owner seems to think it is worth $100 000!. (yes like proto 1)

its current condition is unknown.

i gather also that it is not 'fit' for road use, rather it was a show piece to promote in the states.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
What you say about the Visioneering car is correct - it was assembled in the US, but parts came from the UK - as did the interior trim.

The steering wheel on the Visioneering car is the same as those on the Lotus pilot cars sent to the US (I've seen the pics).
The only difference is the centre badge on the Visioneering car was filled with a 'DMC' logo - in place of whatever manufacture badge was originally there.

If anyone is interested in the Visioneering car - we have lots of unseen photos....

Thanks....maybe my money is safe after all?!

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk