Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to join the DMC owners club!!!
hello Cain. how are ya?

do you know why your hood was replaced? what was the story with your PO - did he do it?

any ho - welcome Smile
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
The previous owner was a Colonel in the US Army. Apparently he was afforded the luxury of having the DMC crated up and shipped with him to his various stations around the World. (Notice that the car still sports it's Hawaii Interstate tags on the bumper). Anyway, I believe he said the car was in a minor accident in 1983. I want to say that it was something invilving shipping, but I could be wrong. It was enough to warrant replacement and all that was available were the flat hoods.

In fact, I was talking to my wife the other night about where the car had been. It will have circled the globe and 27 years after it was built, will return to where it started.
Visit DMCTalk.com and join the fun!
Interesting story. I love the experiences these cars have had in their lifetimes. From being sold at auction and left in a field/barn to traveling the world and ending up 3 miles from the place of its birth.
Mine was in a scrapyard in the states before it was rescued Shock

I know what you mean, lots of these cars have a lot of history to tell. And you will probably find someone else in the UK has one with a vin a few numbers away from yours which is quite cool to think they were just hours apart on the production line.
VIN: 6511
Any idea how many they built a month? 2835 and 2456 aren't too far apart themselves.
Visit DMCTalk.com and join the fun!
Dan1986 Wrote:I know what you mean, lots of these cars have a lot of history to tell. And you will probably find someone else in the UK has one with a vin a few numbers away from yours which is quite cool to think they were just hours apart on the production line.

I think its Frederick Van Acker in Belgium that has got a car which is
less then 30 vin's away from Flopsy - and Paul Salsbury used to own a
Canadian spec car (BKZ9095), which was #6463 - only 6 vins away from
DGS :wink:

BTW - anyone know where Paul's old car is these days?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Yeah I was reading paul's website the other day actualy and thought theres somthing familiar with that vin number, then realised!
VIN: 6511
At least one of the sellers has received his money so the cars will soon be on their way.