Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to join the DMC owners club!!!
hi

with the bonnet change, the price should be adjusted.

after all they have probably sold or swapped it and made upto 1k.

personally i like things correct for the car, so would put a flap hood on it sometime if possible.

for project cars, it is surprising the amount of work needed, and as long as you do not mind that.

i bought mine, a non-runner, no clutch, no brakes etc and shipped back here. make sure the seller is legit.

engine started fine with a new clean tank, pump, filters etc.
calipers (6no.) all rebuilt, new discs, lights, bonnet brackets, light buckets, screen, door handles etc etc., seals for clutch.

does build up, but mine now mot'd and looking great.

so if you buy a resto, make it the best you can get for reasonable money.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Dont know if you have made your final decision yet but I just found this on a blog, you might be interested,,you might not,no harm done :?

bluxed on February 27th, 2008 in Back To The Future Conversion No Comments
Gary Weaver notified the DeLorean community about a Back To The Future Delorean For Sale that David Jason created. David was an active member on Gary Weaver’s BTTFPARTS.COM message board, passed away last June. Dave had done an outstanding job on a BTTF Part I/II Delorean time machine conversion and created the website docstimemachine.com

His wife contacted Gary last weekend and has asked to try to help sell his conversion.

The Back To The Future Delorean For Sale is looking to accept offers above $50,000. It is a VERY well done conversion. If you are interested in buying this time machine you can contact Gary at bttfparts.com
[Image: sale7.jpg]
[Image: sale5.jpg]
[Image: sale4.jpg]
[Image: sale2.jpg]
[Image: sale3.jpg]
[Image: sale1.jpg]
DOC # 595
That looks like a nice example actually, in very good condition.
VIN: 6511
Alright guys. Never got to view the car in London this week. Will try to get next week.

I have however, with my Dad, made a decision. I am arranging for the Gullwings Delorean and Cain's Delorean to be brought to Northern ireland via Liverpool ASAP. Together the cars are costing around £16k including shipping and import tax. I expect to use a kitty of around £10k to restore them. I'll not worry too much about the total in the end but that is my plan.

Hopefully I will be securing the annual lease of a 1440 sq feet facility between Lisburn and Carryduff to restore these cars to their original glory.

I have also sourced a Delorean in the Belfast area hidden in a field beside a GT40. A friend of mine has enquired about the GT40 and the owner is not letting it go. He is asking for me about the Delorean. The guy is a collector of American cars and bought the Delorean at auction. Worth a try but sounds like a no.
VIN's 2835 and 2456 if anyone is curious
Payments for the cars being sent in the morning, should take 4-5 days to clear with the sellers I think. Arranging for the cars to be shipped in the same container in 7-8 working days from payment being sent. Not sure how long the boat takes but I think I read somewhere 2-3 weeks. With a bit of luck somewhere between the 4th and 11th of April they will arrive in Liverpool.
good good, which port are they leaving the US from?
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:good good, which port are they leaving the US from?

Somewhere beginning with L in New Jersey.
Here are my quotes for a 40ft container with both cars as well as one car brought from Springfield, Missouri to New Jersey. I am bringing them into Liverpool then getting the ferry to Belfast.

TGAL $4,750
Ship my Vehicle $4217
Penbrook Marine Services $3070

The people at Penbrook are very prompt in replying and helpful with regard to handling over at this end.
hi

Can I ask how much the 1440 sq feet facility will cost? I've always fancied a proper workshop but figured it'd cost huge sums Sad

also. The Delorean you've sourced that's in a field next to a GT40. It'd be interesting to find out what Delorean this is. vin number details like that. Are you still investigating that?

cheers me dears Smile
Dave.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Barson Wrote:hi

Can I ask how much the 1440 sq feet facility will cost? I've always fancied a proper workshop but figured it'd cost huge sums Sad

also. The Delorean you've sourced that's in a field next to a GT40. It'd be interesting to find out what Delorean this is. vin number details like that. Are you still investigating that?

cheers me dears Smile
Dave.

The facility costs £180 per month. It will be used for storage as well for my fathers business.

I haven't seen the other Delorean yet as the owner hasn't got back to me. As soon as I know anything I'll let you know
nice one.

Well good luck with your cars. Smile

Presumably you went with Pembroke shipping, to move the cars?

I hadn't heard of them and used TGAL in the past. Pembroke are the least expensive I've seen. And you get a container, not RoRo. that's a good price.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
steve.s Wrote:after all they have probably sold or swapped it and made upto 1k.

Hello,

My name is Cain. I am the seller of 2835.

I am also the Administrator of http://dmctalk.com along with Ilan Ardon.

The car came to me without the gas flap hood from the previous owner. I would never have swapped it for a quick dollar. I, unlike most Americans, have no debt, a sizeable savings and therefor no need to pawn off a valuable piece of my car. Many people in the community may even remember me seeking out a gas flap hood to replace the flat hood that the car currently has.

Anyway, hello all. I can't wait to check out the rest of the forums and am very glad my car will be going home. Big Grin
Visit DMCTalk.com and join the fun!
way of cain Wrote:
steve.s Wrote:after all they have probably sold or swapped it and made upto 1k.

Hello,

My name is Cain. I am the seller of 2835.

I am also the Administrator of http://dmctalk.com along with Ilan Ardon.

The car came to me without the gas flap hood from the previous owner. I would never have swapped it for a quick dollar. I, unlike most Americans, have no debt, a sizeable savings and therefor no need to pawn off a valuable piece of my car. Many people in the community may even remember me seeking out a gas flap hood to replace the flat hood that the car currently has.

Anyway, hello all. I can't wait to check out the rest of the forums and am very glad my car will be going home. Big Grin

Hello Cain

Welcome to our forum and thanks for the message about your recent sale, Im sure you will be hearing and seeing a lot more about it on here.

Regards

Mike
Welcome to the UK forums Cain. I must say you must be permanently online as your communication is excellent and only first thing in the morning here do I have to wait for the reply. Hopefully we can get a bit of movement tomorrow. I am enquiring about a few others at the same time but don't worry I will leave some over there :lol: