Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
master cylinder rebuild
Good evening everybody,
I have just finished rebuilding my master cylinder, I got the new seal kit in the end of the web, and they were posted to my door, inc vat and p&p for £8 which I didn't think was to sad. I would like to thank Martin and Dan for their information and of Course flatulant Tony, not because of any information he offered because he keep whaffling on about changing my hoses, but because I think his lovely, and if one day i decided to become a shirt lifter I would want him to become my cabin boy, and I would call him Roger. Anyway, getting back to the mastercylinder think, I made up a sleeve which can be seen by the picture to help insert the new seals fitted on the pistions into the master cylinder. If any one would like to borrow it to undertake a similiar project they can free of charge, all they have to do is pay the carriage both ways. The bore in the mastercylinder were not worn at all because I checked it with some pretty super duper measuring equipment we have at work. The seals had gone rotten because of their age, so I would warn anybody who's car has original seals in them. best regards

[Image: DSCN0905.jpg]
Regards Jay Monk

VIN: # 3928
VIN: # 4989

[Image: garage3.jpg]
Nice work Jay Big Grin How long till the car's all finished?
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi-ya Phil,
I'm trying to get UDH on road, so Hopefully in the next few weeks, I'm literally getting her road worthy, thats all i'm doing to her apart from a good clean up. I've also changed the fuel injection over to Volvo so that should give me some more horses. The last time I drove LDA was when Gemma was pregnant with Emily, and Emily is 7 this year, so it will be nice to get behind the wheel again. Once I've got UDH up and running then I can play with LDA, I've decided as she was my first she's going to be my project car. At the moment Time is my enemy, what with tinkering with houses and having to go to work takes a large chunk out of the day L.O.L. Emily had her first ride in a D last weekend when Flatulant Tony came round for a cuppa and then gave Emily and I lift up the shops. Emily was intrigued by the doors and said could we have a car like this, when I told her I had 2 she didn't believe me and then told me not to be greedy!! L.O.L.
best regards
Regards Jay Monk

VIN: # 3928
VIN: # 4989

[Image: garage3.jpg]
Kids are great arnt they, I once did some work for an american billionare. he had lots of different vehicles, from farraris to a 1911 steam car, his prize possesion being a 1930's Bugati, value about £2,000,000, when I showed it to my son who was about 7 at the time he said, Dad if Charles is so rich why doesn't he buy a new car :lol:
DOC # 595