Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is the front crumple tube available
Your braver than me to leave your delorean for a week with a mechanic armed with a mig welder Shock
VIN: 6511
Why worry? its insured, the garage is in the middle of nowhere,and thats not an exaggeration, there are only 3 mechs there and I know where they all live,,so they're not running far :lol:
[Image: PICT0035.jpg]
DOC # 595
Nice job to do Big Grin lol I had to repair my front extension too...

[Image: immag050vf0.th.jpg] [Image: immag051jo4.th.jpg] [Image: immag062zn2.th.jpg] [Image: dscn0571vr8.th.jpg]
hi

i think taking the body off is not quite as easy as it sounds!

bearing in mind things like removing the tank, according to the manual undo the hoses and bottom plate and the tank comes out!!. yes with a block of wood, mallet and muscles the size of the incredible hulk!.

you'll need lots of room, like a double lock up or something would be good. and the body is most vunerable up in the air!.

i would say consider it if you know there are lots of problem areas on the frame.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Nice finish job Andrea. But that would not pass a UK mot test, the weld must be continuous, spot welding no good for MOT test Cry
Steve you may be right but I do intend to look into changing the car to right hand drive,I know its not needed to take the body off to change it over but it might make it easier, I have a pal in southampton who has a very very large workshop, so none of this would be done till the winter anyway, by which time,,who knows I might have got bored with the car and sold it by then :?
DOC # 595
Spot welding is fine if you seam seal over the join with a bead of sealant that looks like a continuous weld.
Shock you cheat :lol:
DOC # 595
Only joking. Only the best is good enough for Deloreans I think.
It's not just the cheat factor....... Your life is most precious, and you'll be riding in that car. If it dont't crumple like it should, and just gives way, it could be deadly.

I'm a firm disbeliever in bent MOT's, and it'll be the owner/driver that does a stretch if it kills someone........

And being a DeLorean, who wants to jus "Dog it up" anyway, just to scrape through 1 MOT test?

Do it properly 1st time, and it won't need to be done again, or in Allen's case, plan a body off restoration in the future..... Daunting though it may sound!

Hope to see you soon Allen!

Ben
Totaly agree with that. Having a bodge on a car just niggles me if I know its there, even if it works. Like all them scotchlocks that were on mine. Once I knew they were there, they had to come off!

Good luck getting it on the road Allen. Its been a while since you picked it up. You have more patience than me!
Its ok Dan,with this weather it wouldnt be going anywhere anyway, It should only be a couple of weeks now before its plated and ready for the road, lets hope Punxsutawney Phil was wrong about the six more weeks of winter,, :lol:

Ben how did it go on Saturday? I did listen in the morning and all I heard was him mention it towards the end of the show,any pics mate?
I did actually phone the next presenter and ask him to play you some Blink 182, but he said they didnt have any on the system,, :?
DOC # 595
cineman Wrote:Nice job to do Big Grin lol I had to repair my front extension too...

[Image: immag050vf0.th.jpg] [Image: immag051jo4.th.jpg] [Image: immag062zn2.th.jpg] [Image: dscn0571vr8.th.jpg]

Nice pictures and a good job there!
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Nice finish job Andrea. But that would not pass a UK mot test, the weld must be continuous, spot welding no good for MOT test Cry
In Italy we dont have that problem... with a document that certificate the historic value of the car, the check from the motorization on the car is very limited, only to the main things (brakes, light..). On historic cars we also dont have emission controls.
Dodgy Motor Wrote:I might have got bored with the car and sold it by then :?

Shock Shock :o Nooooo!
I did get your PM on saturday night Allen, I thought you might have already read this......

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1762