Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another one on ebay
dont mate im regreting it already it took me ages to find one in this nick their not like your average car with loads to choose from.if i could get two baby seats in plus a double pushchair id keep it for ever.doesnt really mater about the misses she can walk.
yeh il keep my eyes pealed what sort of time will you be coming into ross il pop in with the delorean if im about.
Think it will be after 12 midday, but I can't be definate because I'm waiting on a phonecall. You should still reconsider though, if you get yourself a bigger car for the family, your D don't eat or drink anything. And it's appreciation over the next few years will probably be more than buying and running a cheap banger.

Once it's gone, it's gone, no getting it back.

If you can be talked out of it easy, then you don't really want to part with it. Not to mention 17K is a pittance for a becoming more rare 80's movie icon. Ok there's lots still out there, but in the states where the ever increasing penalties lie.... Sad

Cutch it mate...... !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ben
hi

Sorry, hope i have not offended.

would it be worth further pics...front and underside as 'potetnioal owners' in the know, one of the first things to look at is the chassis, and always good to see no eyebrows!.

i wondered, is it worth putting in at £13k with a reserve, i've always wondered if people go for a fixed price (at this sort of level).

the other one (in ireland) started off cheaper and went to £17k i think. (but last bid withdrawn). thats the problem i think, too many kids bidding.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
I would never advertise a car like a Delorean in an ebay auction. A classified ad, or a "Buy it now" is the way to go if you want to use ebay at all. You can get lucky and unlucky with an auction, and the pressure is always on when several people are bidding and wanting to view within the time of the auction ending. The other way is far more relaxed. Then you have to deal with bid retractions, etc.....

Some may not agree, but this is personal opinion. I would never have bought a DeLorean through ebay either.

Ben
i agree with you ben thats why i chose to do it the classified add way.i dont think starting the bidding at 13 k would be the way togo and setting a reserve as the people bidding at 13 k just wouldnt get a delorean in that condition so bidding is just a waist of time for them and me,i could never understand people bidding 500 pounds and then just stopping at that yet you look at their feedback and its most of the time good,do they really think someone would sell there d for that,id rather bury it and dig it back up when im old and decrepid not that id do that just figure of speach.
but from the other hand iv seen items fetch stupid money on ebay sometimes double what its worth as i think people get into bidding wars,and yes somtimes this happens on cars,that delorean last week was fetching 18k last time i looked then he withdrew their bid and it went down to 17250.i think thoe with a car like this their worth what their worth at the end of the day and im happy with that, my car was valued by my insurance company at 18k so i think im asking a fair price at 17k,
but you never know if the classifide add doesnt work i might try the auction root,i should really advertise it else where thoe its just getting round to it
hi

i know what you are saying but i think people like the ebay 'chase'.

i do and its easy to get carried away bidding.

the other issue is people rarely expect to pay the screen price, hence always advertise that 5% more.

if i saw an ad at 17k i would expect to pay 16.5k or so. Most car dealers always keep that reserve up their sleeve, then knock it off for their one day only gimmick etc.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Some may not agree, but this is personal opinion. I would never have bought a DeLorean through ebay either.

Ben

Where do you think FLE, I mean BLIMEY came from :wink:

In fact you should have seen the auction info, no pic, 3 lines of text...but did have the Vin number Big Grin , and what made it good value in the auction 8)

Called Don Steger to ask if he would check out the car for me, when I gave him the vin number there was a silence followed by 'your not going to believe this....I'm sitting on that D' lol
Chris Spratt

Ex owner of Vin#16327 Grey 5 Speed was FLE 371Y
1998 Lotus Esprit GT3
1999 Lotus Elise
DOC 4
Ebay reaches by far the greatest audience, IMO. I sold my #1458 easily as a result of my ebay auction. I started it at what I wanted to make, no reserve, and was offered more money to end early. Through my auction, I also found a buyer for John Hanley's car (DEL 4L), now Paul Moss's car.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I think anything on eBay with a good advert and description , plenty of pictures etc will create interest. I do wonder sometimes how people expect to sell things , especially cars with the one liner / one picture ads.

Ive sold plenty of sfuff on there including cars and got good prices for them.... infact in many instances second hand stuff for the price i paid for new Smile
ChrisS Wrote:Where do you think FLE, I mean BLIMEY came from :wink:

Yes I know.... And you are a braver man than I am.

But don't forget Chris that you've spent many years of love, labour, and expenditure, not to mention your little trip to casualty on on occasion, (passenger window guide wasn't it? LOL) to get the car to it's present state.

You remember I said I wanted one to use, and show straight away with little work? Well it's lived up to that so far, in fact exceeded my expectations. I now have the same views as you did back then, and I trust the car to take me anywhere.

Oh, and it wasn't me who had to have another car behind towing a dolly to recover me from ireland eurofest incase I broke down! SHHHH!

That was your trusty old ebay car" :wink:

I won't say nothing about the stopwatch and the filling station either!!

Ben