Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another one on ebay
Hi All

Another delorean on Ebay...is it a club owners car?.

just wondered on one or two comments

says black parts should not be painted...but check pjgradys work it is superb and you cannot tell (and i am very fussy)

qoute 'many' Deloreans have sagging doors...only if they have been neglected, i'd so non of the clubs cars have sagging doors as this is one of the easiest fixes.

photo of the engine (temp sensor) in my opinion does not look immaculate judging by others cars i have seen.

hope i have not offended anyone, and of course all my humble opinion

incidentally, bonnet is later style (but no badge) and rear exhaust look early...or am i misreading the photos?
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
got an Ebay item number mate?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-delorean-low-...hotoChoice

This one I assume you mean. Isn't the temp sensor in the coolant pipe upside down? Shouldn't the wire come out from the underneath?
VIN: 6511
I recognise that seller ID but I don't know why... I'm sure he has been on this forum.

The rad fan switch was the subject of a recall to turn it the other way to prevent an air bubble being trapped under the sensor itself.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
So which way should it be then? As I thought or as in the ebay car?
That Ebay ID might be Darrin.

NickT.
Flip it mate,,like monkey says, its so that the sensor is in contact with water not a possible air bubble Smile
DOC # 595
So the one on ebay is wrong and my car is right?
sorry I got confused :? yes your is right :lol:
DOC # 595
yeah but mines been wrong for years and i dont get any trouble, must be the luck of the irish :wink: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
stunned_monkey Wrote:I recognise that seller ID but I don't know why... I'm sure he has been on this forum..

I thought blknight was Steven Knight - but thats the car Malc Lomas bought 2yrs ago.........????

hmmmm........... :?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Car's up the road from me in Herefordshire. Ross on wye to be exact. The seller ID also has the same ID on here too........

In fact, the bugger outbidded me on a fuel accumulator 2 weeks ago (No pun intended blknight) Smile

http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/profil ... file&u=136

The car from what i've heared in a good example, although I have not seen it in the flesh.

I'm sure this one is above board!

Ben
hi ben yes the accumulator was actualy for my brothers ford capri.yes shes a clean car, i never ever intended selling it and to tell the truth am actully quite gutted.but im just finding im not getting any use out of it with the two new additions and dont want to put it off the road.
sorry about the outbid mate i put a sniper on it as i wasnt in to be able to bid i never normaly do this as i think its unfair to others but my bro wanted to go down to cardiff the following weekend and needed his car.

as far as the above comments go the rear exhaust as far as im aware is original and would be very suprised if it has been replaced and the badge on the bonnet i have along with a new one i knocked the original one off with the jetwasher the first time i cleaned her,i dont use a jet washer now.

iv been speaking on and off this foram for years now but normaly just keep up to date by reading the posts here.althoe now dont get much time.
Oh, it's no hard feelings mate. I didn't even need it really, and I don't think it was just you that outbid me. I was prepared to go to £30 on it, but for something to sit on the shelf for years, it wasn't worth much more than that. Sorry you've got to sell up, I was going to give you a shout in May as there's a 2 day show in Monmouth..... If you've still got the car, and you fancy a day out, let me know!

Don't know if you've heared the latest radio station to Monmouthshire and Herefordshire, it's called Sunshine radio. I've been requested to take the breakfast time presenter/DJ, Paul Thomas, for a spin this weekend. I was going to pop to Ross, so keep your eyes peeled!

Can't you think twice about keeping it? You'll regret it when it's gone!

Ben
*Apologies* It's Paul Robert's, not Paul Thomas. I couldn't edit in this reply for some reason. Ben