Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sticking Solutions
The black plastic edging on the hood is starting to come away at one edge, i have tried re-fixing with impact adhesive, but its not sticking.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

Vin No :- 6042
DOC:- 466
Try Tiger seal Paul, Clean surfaces well, apply a small amount on 1 surface, apply, and leave taped with masking tape overnight......
Thanks for that.

Can you tell me where to get it please, and how is it applied? Does it just squeeze out of a tube, or more like silicone with a skeleton gun?
Paul

There is a self-adhesive U-channel heat shrink available from RS and Farnell which does a superb job of replacing the original glued on stuff... will have to track down the part number tho...

Tiger Seal is just another name for Sikaflex. It's black polyurethane adhesive, bought by the cartridge. I get it from Wurth under the name Bond & Seal (gotta love the German does-what-it-says-on-the-tin approach to naming a product!)
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
most places do it car shops mainly, and if you can find any other use for it use it, it does go off quick its in a tube the same as silicon hope this helps tony TT ps its about a tenner a tube Cry
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Tourettes Tony Wrote:ps its about a tenner a tube Cry

Unless of course you go into a pound shop and get some "No more nails"
That stuff is jet black too, and although it seems like a builders product as apposed to a motorist's sealant, its virtually the same, only without the flexibilty, which won't be necessary for that application....

Don't all call me a cowboy at once, I'm good at preaching the cheap alternatives, but never use them myself! LOL
Ben
Thanks for the replies guys.
Paul