Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stainless steel rear louvre
http://dmchelp.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2 ... 8641046793

First time i have heard of this Smile

[Image: sslouvrehd1.jpg]
I wonder how much more the stainless version weighs compared to its' fibreglass counterpart. Hmmm, I wonder who we know could take up such a challenge, contructing one? Any ideas? Big Grin
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I hope its a better fit :lol:
DOC # 595
I bet people could make money if they offer fibre glass T-panels/bonnet/wings for the D.... I would have a set to swap like a mobile phone case, and have it in black!
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]
http://www.dmctalk.com/attachment.php?a ... 1200573087

Arh.. its just partly covered in Stainless ...
I cant read that thread, but I was thinking it was all SS it would be bloody heavy, you wouldnt need gym, just open and close your louvre 3 times a day and you'd put Arny to shame in no time Smile
[Image: 03_arny.jpg]
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:wouldnt need gym

Whats a Gym?
VIN: 6511
an abreviation of gymnasium,,where fat people go to sweat :lol:
DOC # 595
Fools :lol:

Right must be time for a packet of crisps now.

Anyway a stainless rear louvre is a good idea becuase they wobble about a fair bit as standard when you open them, but as you say the weight would be crazy. Aluminium would be ok, and powder coated black.
VIN: 6511
Looks like its just thin stainless sheet covering the horizontals of an original louvre. In that way it wouldn't be too heavy.
I know of two companies that'll make you one, but boy would it be expensive.

Carbon fibre would be cool though, strong and real eye candy.

D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
it would be a bit dodgy in an accident at 50mph think of the decapitations you would give out for free :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Nice one tony... :lol: Not to mention your own decapitation when a dirty great lorry goes up the back side of your D and pushes the lourve through the rear window,youll never have to lift your arm again to pick your nose,you can just hold it in your lap :lol:
DOC # 595
thats a nice thought have ya seen them crashing in an accident doc brown wasnt kidding tin foil mate the crunch marveloooossssly shame though

stainless louve nice thing how about a stainless engine cover to match it with dmc cut out as the replacement airvents nice

and the side airvents in stainless that would be nice
i wonder if p j would have a go
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....