Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Wipers
There are no strands of copper or anything like that, its all done properly. All the link is a jumper to alow the seat belt light to work without the buzzer plugged in (my buzzer isn't in my car)

As for the bonnet, I've had that up and down loads of times when the wipers were playing up and it made no difference, also when I filled it with water I tried the wipers before closing the bonnet down, so all I moved in between them not working and working was opening the bonnet. Maybe as you say its a bad earth somwhere and its an incredible coincidence it cured when I filled it with water. If the fault comes back I will start tracing the earth wiring otherwise I'll leave it as it works perfect now!
VIN: 6511
Try unplugging and replugging the wiper delay module a few times.
It is located above the pedals.

You could try removing the module by unplugging both connectors, then connecting the unplugged connectors together as they are male and female.

NickT
I spoke too soon. I took the delorean into work this morning and the wipers went off about twice. This time they seemed to be trigered off by me pressing the brake pedal Shock Got to be a bad earth somwhere but Ive just been looking at the wiring diagram and I can't see how a bad earth would cause them to do it. It would just make them not work at all :?

I'll go out and lunch and unplug the delay module as suggested and see how it is on the way home :roll:
You sure its not something you did when you reconnect the stereo, see if changing channel and stop listening to Chris Moyles helps :lol:
DOC # 595
Nout to do with the radio. I'm 100% sure of that. The radio is just wired into the stock wiring. All Ive changed is the crimps, chocolate blocks and electrical tape for proper joints :wink:

We'll see what they do on my way home with the intermitent box unplugged.
Hi Dan,

Sorry to hear its back. When you unplugged the cable on the buzzer plate to check for any copper strands shorting out, did you check under the intermittant relay on the same plate?

I'm not convinced it's an earth fault now, some thing is putting power into the wiper circuit, particularly the slow speed or intermittant circuit.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Just had a thought, might be totaly wrong ,,but what the hey,,,,you may have moved the plastic shroud around the switch gear, and maybe,,,just maybe the wiper switch is just at the point where it will make contact randomly,,,,, :? Like I said ,, just a thought :oops:
DOC # 595
All possibilities. Ill have to investigate it. I didn't get chance to pop the intermittent box off after work. Probably have to wait until monday now as I'm going to be busy doing a head gasket on a peugeot all weekend. Sad
Oh you can never have too many earths it helps a lot and usually solves a ot of probs as i found out heheheheehhehehehee not saying anymore
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....