Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been for my first drive out and took some photos
Well yesterday I completed over 150miles in DGS, going over to see a mate in bedfordshire. Its the first time I had driven it since picking it up, and some of the looks and thumbs up I was getting on the motorway were amazing. People taking photos all the time. Stopped for some petrol and got asked if its aluminum :roll: Didn't take long. And also took some photos some of you might like to see: Only complaint with the D was the wipers went on there own a couple of times randomly, so need to investigate, must be something silly.

[Image: dmc5.jpg]
[Image: dmc4.jpg]
[Image: dmc3.jpg]
[Image: dmc2.jpg]
[Image: dmc1.jpg]
VIN: 6511
Wicked photos! Are there any serious issues concerning no front number plate? I know Chris Hawes went without one for ages!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Well Ive got nothing on the front and a california one on the back!! I didn't get pulled yesterday, but the chances are if you did the officer would realize your not a chav in a nova and let you off with a warning, otherwise I think its a 30 quid fine for illegal plates so worth the risk in my opinion.
heh, nice pics
DOC 527
Vin #10264
Dan1986 Wrote:Well Ive got nothing on the front and a california one on the back!! I didn't get pulled yesterday, but the chances are if you did the officer would realize your not a chav in a nova and let you off with a warning, otherwise I think its a 30 quid fine for illegal plates so worth the risk in my opinion.

nice . i have been running around for over 2 years without one without any problems, i do keep it under my hood just in case i need to pull it out when in certain petrol stations TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Jonny Jones Wrote:Wicked photos! Are there any serious issues concerning no front number plate? I know Chris Hawes went without one for ages!

It must have just fallen of officer, it was on there when I set out on my journey. :oops:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Dan1986 Wrote:Well Ive got nothing on the front and a california one on the back!! I didn't get pulled yesterday, but the chances are if you did the officer would realize your not a chav in a nova and let you off with a warning, otherwise I think its a 30 quid fine for illegal plates so worth the risk in my opinion.
Staurt(emagine) who's family run a good few american motors, has mentioned on a few occasions that 'if your vehicle was deigned to take a non standard plate then it is OK to use one' or words to that effect. Apparently it's Ok to use a american plate if your car was designed to!
At your own risk! over to you Stu
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Nice pics there. Looks very sleek indeed Smile
Yes, some of us just love to break the law as far as number plates are concerned, and I'm no exception. Black and silver are only permitted on pre 73' cars I think, not that it's worried me. If I'd have realised before that so many people were running the gauntlet with front plates, i'd have left mine off too. May take it off tomorrow! Smile

Over the last 15 years, I've been forever getting fined for illegal number plates, most recently in this.....

[Image: 5993954.jpg]

As you can see they were not that bad, but still worthy of parting my wallet of £40

Nice pictures too Dan, what problems are you having with your wipers mate? You are aware how the intermittent part works arn't you? Just thought you may be overlooking this..... Smile

Ben
If the wipers were running as described you most likely have set them to intermittent by accident. If you hold the single wipe down for around 1-2 seconds it engages intermittent mode. To cancel it is either press down once and/or lift to the next mode for a brief second. From memory either method word to cancel.

Bedfordshire eh, not from MK. If you want to pop in for a drink next time you are in the area, let me know.

Based on the DVLA, imports can have 64mm high letters (as per my current avatar) opposed to the 79mm high letter seen on 'normal' cars.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Yeah my mate works in MK actually. Will have to pop down sometime in the future (or maybe the past :wink: )

No I tried pushing the switch down and onto other settings but it made no difference. I'm going to investigate it tomorrow. Apart from that its superb. So comfortable to drive, goes well, lovely and smooth, sounds nice. I love it.
You need to hold the lever down for a good few seconds mate.

Car looks good. Have you done something to the aerial? It hasn't retracted fully in a couple of your photos.
Its been emotional...
The imported car plate laws apply only to the size of the lettering. You still need the correct spacing and reflective yellow on back, white on front.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I'll try holding the lever down a bit longer.

I havn't done anything to the areal, its just not retracting fully and hasn't since I collected it. I just assumed it was like that before and needed attention some time in the future.
No, it always retracted fully before. Good luck getting it sorted.

Nice job on the re-wiring by the way, must have been done by the previous owner.

I am ashamed to admit all technical work (including washing lol) was outsourced to experts so I never noticed it wasn't up to scratch!
Its been emotional...