Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any use to anyone?
Recognise this??

[Image: 155f_4.JPG]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1985-Volvo-760_W0 ... dZViewItem

Would it be of much use for parts? It's pretty low miles..... or are there too many differences to make it viable?
the whole car looks in pretty good nick.

and someone whose took a picture of the engine bay - novelty!

Don't know if Chris Williams is still doing Volvo builds. he might be interested.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
its got a Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire (Luton VRO) registration,
and the dealer sticker in the back window for Pillings Volvo
who are still going I believe (I'll take my anorak off now! lol )

The car looks in nice condition tbh, would be a shame to break it.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Barson Wrote:the whole car looks in pretty good nick.

and someone whose took a picture of the engine bay - novelty!

Don't know if Chris Williams is still doing Volvo builds. he might be interested.

Only to keep my own car on the road!!!

This would be the easiest and cheapest way of doing what I did to mine, As thats basically what I put in to my engine B28E Pistons/cams & fuelling. It would be interesting to know what the stock output of a B28E is. I seem to remember someone telling me once, but I have forgot now, I think it was about 160 hp

Chris.
BTW,I have two spare engines and the parts to make nearly another as it :roll: is
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
oops. Smile

i was going to ask, is the volvo lover crank casing the same as a delorean's?
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Barson Wrote:oops. Smile

i was going to ask, is the volvo lover crank casing the same as a delorean's?

Hi
Clearly I'm not the expert on these engines, however the only difference that I could see in the block were different water drain plugs and no oil pressure gauge, however there was a blanking plug to remove to fit. The lower crank case/sandwich plate along with the sump were both completely different but interchangeable, as I understand they were all slightly different depending on what application the engine was used for. I still think it's probably the cheapest way to go to get more power, although in my case I had to due to a duff block, just wish I could finish it off with a performance exhaust and a rolling road session.
Chris
Although I do agree with Claire it does not look to bad a car, it would be nice to buy it as a run about for a year or so and then use the engine if required. They are dissapearing fast and at least the fuelling&dizzy is a very good starting point to upgrade our engines.
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Actually, you guys may be right. I might have a bid on this, because it looks like with minimal work, it could be a nice old barge to do some other shows in. The seller must be confident it would pass an MOT, so it can't be dog rough.

Smile
"Chris Williams Wrote:It would be interesting to know what the stock output of a B28E is. I seem to remember someone telling me once, but I have forgot now, I think it was about 160 hp

155bhp @ 5700rpm
173lb ft @ 3000rpm
CR 9.5:1
Life begins at 90 degrees....
i would buy it just for engine and gearbox besides they will never be a classic IMO TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
TheJoyofSix Wrote:[

Thanks,
If Stuart and I ever get the oppertunity and cash to get on a rolling road it will be a good reference point.
Chris
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Tourettes Tony Wrote:i would buy it just for engine and gearbox besides they will never be a classic IMO TT

lol, ah well each to their own I guess Smile

Loving the Cat Weasel avatar btw! :wink:
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
fanks claire thats my ole mate Graham Chapman from a least well known offshoot of monty python,a film called yellowbeard :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor