Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHOWS AND MEETINGS
I've never personally done it - but I do have friends that have bought "dream cars" and trailered them about due to insurance/mileage reasons. It's true enough that concours is usually only winnable if the car is used - but some people have to make sacrifices to own them in the first place.

That, and some cars simply don't have any storage for camping etc and a 4x4 helps!
Dan
Member 101
VIN# 4566
Former Vins# 5641 (Maddie) and 5284 (Hana)

hi all

well this subject us a bit of both for me as ther bttf car has to go on a tralior when going overseas or going to a private party as it needs to be kept clean i run a 50 mile radus with my car then provide a trailor to events out side my area but working close with chris in bristol know he covers most of the events down south, so i getting to drive it a little more know but its going under heavy work in feb for my new gadget to work on it Big Grin i can say my car will not be going round on a trarlor much more as back to the future cars are getting more & more of them in the uk so the work has droped down so this year my car is going in a show room over in holland few a few months if the weather dont pick up over here or if theres any events that the club need it for so really thats what i think plus if it ever happend ( not to me yet ) if the delorean did brake down on the way to a event your letting someone or some person happy day down :roll: & i can say thats not happend to me yet thank god Big Grin
Wow i got to say though if my was a b t t f car i would still drive it everywere i go dont matter what it is man all the looks ya get driving it down the road is bad enough but with the b t t f kit on has got to be the biggest head turner off all time

mind you there is a hidden agendar in here cause when it breaks down with all that gear on it that is quite imbarrasing so i supose there are good and bad points to it
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....
Having driven Glens BTTF car in another guise ( Backy) I can comment on a few things.

The BTTF gets even more attention when on a trailer, because folk can see it better. Its realy hazzardus when people come along side, then slow right down so you have to overtake them, they the come passed again taking their photo's. It happens all the time. So if you belt along at 88MPH actually driving the thing, they can't keep up. My driving trips to Hullywood, Hull again and Basildon will always remain with me as some of the best and most fun drives I've ever had in my life.

Mind you, on the minus side, I started with an immaculate, and I mean immaculate, origanal LHD car, with 110 miles on the clock and managed to turn it into a "real nice" car with about 3,000 miles on it, plus umpteen miles on the trailer, sometimes in the middle of winter driving to Scotland and back 3 times! It takes its toll on the undside of the car. I wouldn't do it again. So when I get vin 510 back and "spruce it up" dont expect to see it driven in anything exept the very best of dry weather!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
I thought if they break down you just bang the steering wheel :lol:
DOC # 595
thanks for that chris :roll:

i do agree on that one i can remember them days when i was out with you
they do all that around here anyway without all the bttf gear on the car i mke ya right the worst ones are on the a13 they come past ya pull in front of you put on he brakes and before you know it snap your on someones camera or phone
and i drive everyday in mine you do get it every day night but not complaining its funny watching them nearly crash into someone else
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
whats the chances of useing the delorean on the road with out the front numberplate

I hate front number plates they ruin any cars looks

they aint ugly there f ing ugly
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
Mine has no plate on the front. I keep it in the car. Nearly 2 weeks ive had it now and no fine yet 8)
VIN: 6511
oh well thats good
right mines coming off then dont tell will ya !
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
front plate now off and front lower grill part rubbed down and painted silver looks nice
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
Get some picys posted Big Grin
VIN: 6511
wll it looks like your one in your photo but the grill bit at the bottom is silver
no difference in rest of the car
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
ps has doc thought about contacting billing aquadrome for a dmc show there or join in with the summer nationals in june with the aac int
its a blinding do and there be lots of people to admire our loverly dmc s
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
hi there

thats a good idea but the doc club is a little busy that month with eurotec and some people can not a afford both events but if people are up for somethink like this then i will arange for us