Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vin 510
G'day folks 8)

This post is with crispy's permision! :wink:

As you know vin510 has been bought from Tony Atkins, after emailing Chris previously and finally gettiny intouch with Tony, today i went and viewed vin510, before it leaves our sunny shores destine for colder climate i wanted to see the 'legend'

After driving it out of his workshop tony let me snap away and chatted about the car, i'm sure chris will tell you better in detail but the basic jist is it was bought by the Homes 'a' court family from the dmc factory auction in 84, where he used it in the uk briefly untill export to Oz, it was never registered Down under until Tony bought it from a melboure auction after the death of Mr H 'a' Court snr forced the sale of his collection in 1994, Now Tony is selling his collection of cars ranging from the delorean to a pontiac and even a Triumph dolamite :!:

The car is a little dusty and in need of regraining on the stainless but in general is in bloody good nick Big Grin

Tony even put it up on a lifting frame with overhead crane (this is how he lifts his cars off his 2nd story shelving at his workshop!...most impressive)
so as i could get a look underneath Shock

This was also as i was documenting the condition of the car for Chris prior to shipping just incase anything gets damaged during exportation.

Theres definatly a nice dmc on the way to blighty!!! Big Grin
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
great story Craig Smile

So come on then, depress us.... whats the weather like in Oz at the mo... Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Big Grin ...currently at 1am :wink: bout 17c

it was bout 28c today 8) .......sorry..lol.. :roll:
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF
ooooh 28 degrees heaven Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Thanks for all your help Craig. I'm really looking forward to seeing all the photo's you have taken.

I will start and firm up the shipping arrangements on Monday. Much more expensive that comming in from the USA!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
should see if they can do a deal Big Grin

bring mine out and take yours back! :wink:
Regards

Craig

doc246
vin 2927
reg ex uk IIL 3335
reg oz BTTF