Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alpine GTA V6, anyone know their worth?
Hi all, i have been keeping tabs on a local car which the owner will sell if a fair price is reached.
Its Renault Alpine GTA V6, non turbo model on a G plate under 60k on clock, will run and drive, but has been stood for 7/8yrs. under cover though. seems straight and original, in met grey with very tidy grey velour interior.
Obviously will need some work to get an mot, but i find it quite an interesting car, espesially with owning a Delorean, and the link of similarity between them.
Can anyone give any comments on what these cars are worth, so i dont end up offering too much for it. Perhaps some members have had dealings with them, and can offer advice. Suppose its worth noting that if i ended up with it, and decided it was too much for me to take on, would anyone else be interested in it?
Thanks Nick.
#5124 Grey Manual,now roadworthy
hiya,

you might be worth speaking to David Gentleman - he comes on this site, but you'll find him easier on the RAOC forum. Stephen Dell of the RAOC is another good contact.

Both these guys really know their stuff when it comes to Alpines and are both very friendly and helpful.
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
GTAs aren't worth as much as they should be... Atmos are worth less than turbos usually, and having stood for years, it's really not worth very much - 3-4k at a push although the mileage is good. Check the condition of the rear subframe and the chassis either side of the engine at the base of the shock turrets where the engine bay crossbrace is welded as they're prone to rust there, and it's engine-out to fix properly.

Despite having basically the same engine as a DeLorean, they're much more torquey and properly quick. If the suspension is sound, they handle much better too.
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
The most important things to check for value is things like the headlamp glasses are unbroken, paint is good, interior is good, and as per any V6 car, the engine is quiet and runs well/gearbox is good.

Ignore the mileage as the speedo's rarely work.

Anything else like rusty subframes is common ie 90% of them, and is just metal at the end of the day and can be repaired/replaced cheaply. Obsolete items, and resprays cannot and they are the main costs.