Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good morning Rollo, and happy new year to you Smile

Good luck in your search for a De - you looking to import from the US or buy in the UK?
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
hi all

welcome to the club hope you can get over to some of our events chris at pj gradys & ed uding in holland might be able to help you out with cars for sale
hi yes welcome to the forum you`ll soon get to know us Big Grin
happy new year
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Hi Rollo! Welcome to the forum. Great timing, as there *may* be a great car up for sale very shortly, I cannot say anything at the moment, but I think everybody is going to be shocked a bit Shock
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Welcome to the club ron, and good luck getting a car TT tony Smile
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Ronnie Wrote:Not fussy I just want a mint one that needs no work I would like a fully restored one or a very cheap one and get it fully restored. I had looked at the "new" ones but I want one built over here plus they are very expensive. Any help or advice would be great.

You could try hear;
http://www.deloreans.co.uk/features/car ... rsale.html
I also know of a couple of very good cars about to come on to the market. So watch the for sale pages closely!
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Welcome Rollo.... You've come to the best place!

Enjoy!
Ronnie Wrote:was responsible for restoring the track for the 25th anniversary meeting

You forgot to add that it was Brian Hamilton, Thomas McCaulay, Paul Jenkins, Jamie McCann, Neal Barclay and Myself that also did the track. I was there for two days helping Brian on my hands and knees pulling trees and 25 years worth of weeds out of the ground.

If you want to know whats going on in Ireland as a whole then join www.delorean.ie (click on enter forum) I am close to you (Banbridge) and there is a few people in Newry also. I know a few cars for sale in Ireland and a few total resoration jobs too, drop me an email if you want a chat.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
1981 Delorean #Vin Pilot 25
1989 Renault Alpine GTA Atmo.
I think the guy who had his car hit in England was from Holland, Ed Uding would be able to tell us better but I am sure the car is looking brand new now.

I have had my ear close to the ground at Montupet about the fate of the test track site, as far as I am aware it will still be available for the next Eurofest.

I was hoping to make an offer on it with the help of another Delorean owner from New Zealand if the money was right, but at the end of the day what would you do with it? There is no access and no real space to build anything that could be used as a museum, its a real shame as one day it will be demolished.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
The car that crashed was Benny from Belgium, and the car was fully repaired and back on the road in time for a visit back to the DOC summer event the following year (supercar sunday, dog track etc in 2002).
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Welcome to the forum!! Have fun! Smile
Rach
xxxx
stunned_monkey Wrote:The car that crashed was Benny from Belgium, and the car was fully repaired and back on the road in time for a visit back to the DOC summer event the following year (supercar sunday, dog track etc in 2002).

What car are you talking about Ronnie? There was Benny 5 years ago on the test track and then there the guy who had his wing missing and the front of his car smashed up after his accident on the way over to Eurofest 06'.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland
Quote:"I hear that the track is either up for sale or is being sold at the moment!"

Pilot25dmc wrote;
"I have had my ear close to the ground at Montupet about the fate of the test track site, as far as I am aware it will still be available for the next Eurofest.
I was hoping to make an offer on it with the help of another Delorean owner from New Zealand if the money was right, but at the end of the day what would you do with it? There is no access and no real space to build anything that could be used as a museum, its a real shame as one day it will be demolished."

Hi Guys, the test track is not for sale at the moment nor is it about to be demolished. (How can you demolish a road anyway?!)
The adjoining piece of land in front of the factory however is for sale - that's 5.75 acres with a price tag of £6million. I guess Alistair you must have won the lottery if you're going to make an offer!
Some years ago I made a formal offer to Montupet to purchase the test track on behalf of the DeLorean Owners Association but the French owners declined.
Robert Lamrock
Chapter Director for Ireland
DeLorean Owners Association
When I say demolish I mean built on, you knew what I meant!

I was offered financial assistance from Trevor Fitzjohn a few months back, I knew that the land would be worth millions and told him so (Note the "If price was right" part) If the land ever was offered for sale then I would want to be in a situation to buy it but I know deep down it would take far more money than I, my father and Trevor have. I don't think the test track will survive much longer judging by the condition of the track Montupet don't give a damn about it, dumping their old moulds and junk on it.

We all have this hope in our hearts that the track will always be there but with £6,000,000 on the table for the land beside the factory how stupid do we think Montupet is not to build on another patch of wasted space that just so happens to have a old road on it.
Alistair McCann
Northern Ireland