Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Lefty" or 83 DMC for sale
Hi List happy Christmas,
Well I rearly never though I'd be writing this email, but I give you all a bit of advanced notice that "Lefty" my much loved 1983 Delorean will be for sale in the spring. It is without doubt the best car I have ever driven, and has still covered less than 3,000 miles. I will be asking £19k for it. That does not include the number plate, 83DMC, which could also be available. But it is a very valuble number and cost me heaps. It would be £6k to a club member or for £2k you could have BAK 5T, both of which have been on the car for several years. The car holds so many memories for me. It was my BTTF for 4 years, It was the car we drove down to Buckingham Palace and the House of Commons last year for the Queens Birthday cerabrations, etc. etc. I have owned this car longer than any other car in my life, over 7 years.
The reason I am selling? Well I have bought a very special RHD car from Oz. Vin 510. It was very expensive and with shipping and VAT will be the most expensive car I have ever bought in my life.
Any serious viwers are welome to get in touch. for Photo's etc. use history@deloreans.co.uk But as I now live on a muddy building site there will be no test drives untill things dry up considerably!
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Oh, balls. I had hoped calling dibs on it would keep it safe for the next 5-6 years while I saved up Wink

It is a very nice car. Congrats on the new acquisition!
I'm shocked.

There isn't really mch else I can say to that.

I was fortunate enough to drive this car to a show in Derby back in the summer of 2006 and I have to agree with Chrispy that it does feel incredibly tight as though the 25 years have had no effect on it.

Obviously it'll be a shame to see it go as I've been a member of the DOC for as long as Chris has had that car.

Still, things move on I suppose.
Regards,

Mike Sumner - 178
Grimsby
to who ever buys lefty

i can say that when lefty was the back to the future car it never broke down once on me the car is one of the best i have driven and for the mantaince of it well just take a look of the photo that chris has the engine bay had never had to been played with chris has looked after lefty for many years and put it back to the orignal state after myself building the new back to the future car i can say who ever buys this will be a happy bunny with it shame i ant got the pennys or i would :wink:
Wow! All the RHDs are leaving Auz :lol:

Congrads to your new purchase Chrispy!

If only I have the cash I would buy it off you right away :wink:
Kind Regards,
John [DOC No. 8]

[Image: signature.jpg]