Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's D was on a transporter today ?
Heading northbound on the M25 through the Darford Tunnel at around midday ?

New power coated wheels in dark gray, 1981 Door Locks, missing rear number plate bezel and strapped on but moving around alot under breaking ?!?!?!

Im guessing it was going from DCPP, If that's the correct name for it, to PJ Gradys as the transporter had a Folkestone Number on it.

Dan
mine mine mine!!.

got picked up last Thursday, and the chap had to keep ofver the weekend.

Vin 1621, manual, black interior, number plate bezel in the car!

the moving around a bit is a bit worrying!. did it move much..enough to damage anything?. lots of parts inside.

the wheels have cost me a fortune..blasted, powdercoated, rubbed down wet sprayed to colour match, and laquered!.

finaly after its MOT!
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Car arrived safely with us - no problems at all with the car - and the wheels are fine. All your bits inside were there - so no problems.

Chris is a professional transporter who knows what he's doing - he transports cars everywhere for us.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
No, it was just bouncing around on it's suspension. Just reminded me how soft it really is.

Dan
hi

thanx Darren

yes Chris seemed a nice chap.

he did say if he was down here in the next couple of weeks he may be able to collect my drivers seat as at present there are two passenger seats in!.

did you get my long email of the state of play of the car?.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Hi Steve,

Who did your wheels? I've had lots of trouble with finding anyone that can do a good job on multi spoke alloys in the past. The paint or powdercoat ends up "dry" inbetween the spokes. (as rough as sand paper) this then holds brake dust and looks awful.

If yours are done well can you give me the details.

Best Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Hi

labtab in Brimingham did the powder coating.

this was excellent but as mine were early grey and the colour match was not 100%, i rubeed down and had a local painter wet spray and re-laquer.

you are right, there is a bit of 'dryness' at the 'bottom' of the spokes.
But is minimal and i think he did a good job.

i kept the paint, probably enough for another set, should one get damaged.

the colour match for early grey, was a known colour (i seem to remember rover!)

if you are happy with the powder coat colour (and there were many colour options) then the powder coating was fine between spokes (as i think it is electrostatically applied).

it certainly would be perfect for silver. i was just fussy to match correctly.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370