Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone got these? If so, HELP!
Hi all.

I bought a set of these with some other stuff

[Image: DSC02043.JPG]

Here's the link......

http://www.delorean.eu/product_info.php ... cts_id=135

They came with no fitting instructions, so its a DIY job entirely!

Double sided foam tape is too thick.
Mammouth Double sided which supposedly sticks anything has got the sticking characteristics of my aunt fanny.
Superglue will probably "bloom" the black plastic, so thats a no
Tiger seal goes soft in the hot weather, making it probably let go

Bear in mind, they came uneven, so i've bent them as straight as I can, but they will never be totally true, even though they were "New"

Bending them down is definately better than bending up, and the small fins are harder to keep down than the middle

I've bought some Evostick to try tomorrow.........

Any more advice would be gratefully recieved.

Ben
Very stylish Ben, are they plastic or ally?
DOC # 595
Sorry just looked at link. :oops: they are SS.
very pruuty :lol:
DOC # 595
tiger seal my friend or any black polyurathane TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I always use that stuff called Seriously strong glue by evo stick i think. Comes in a black tube. The stuff in the small tube dries clear and you can also get it in a silicon type tube which is white and dries white. I stuck my window glass in with it. Its fantastic.
Dan. The tree man
Not here for a long time. Just here for a good time
Live up to all you know. Nothing more. Nothing less
DOC 219
vin. 4986
Eleanor
i would go with tt comments as i used normal glue for the back ok my bumper but fell of after asking advise from an old delroean vendor but i give up in the end on mine & took them off :lol:
i would go with tt comments as i used normal glue for the back ok my bumper but fell of after asking advise from an old delorean vendor but i give up in the end on mine & took them off :lol:
Hi Ben,

I 've got the smaller DMC from Martin for my sill plates. I'm going to glue them on this weekend. I've just re-trimmed my interior and will be putting back the re-covered rear quarter panels (over back speakers) and then new inner door seals this weekend. Last job will be the SS sill DMC.
I'm opting for the Tiger bond black poly whatsits name.

I'll race you to see who looses the first letter!

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Tiger seal will hold these on forever as long as you prep it all correctly.

Gently rough up both surfaces and then clean well before applying the Tiger Seal.

Dan
I know where you guys are coming from with the tiger seal, except.....

It's messy!
It's not an "instant" bond, these things really need to have something that adheres straight away, because if you tape it down, and one fin lifts, then you'll never get them on tidy. And in the summer when its warm, i dont want them lifting. I'll try the evo-stick today brushed on the plate, and run in the grooves of the sill, let it dry for 30 mins, then apply. Time is the essence I think. I have endless supplies of tiger seal, but its so hard to work with on something so detailed. It's more of a sealant than a glue, but it does stick.

Cheers peeps.
What abut standard clear silicone sealant?

NickT
Hi all im feeling a bit left out here someone has got to tell me how to get the little pictures so they move on the user name side i love the bttf one that glen has and the little pistons that nick has then i have just seen the little moving duck that daniel has .i want a moving picture aswell.......

cheers all tyson
hana 5284 Wrote:Hi all im feeling a bit left out here someone has got to tell me how to get the little pictures so they move on the user name side i love the bttf one that glen has and the little pistons that nick has then i have just seen the little moving duck that daniel has .i want a moving picture aswell.......

cheers all tyson

Just use an animated gif file as your picture.

NickT
If you cant find a Gif you like you can always make your own and download a trial l version,
I found the "gif construction set" very good and easy to use, but its only for a 30 day trial, but then I think its only £20 to buy it, well worth it, :wink:
if you like that sort of thing :oops:
DOC # 595
cheers all i will start looking