Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cat by pass pipe
i have a brand new by pass pipe for sale never put it on my car as i had the new stainless system put on my D like chris parnhans,
If anyones intrested pm me £35 postage included :wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Hi Tracey, I'd like to buy that from you. My new motor has a typical "Euro-spec" rusty one fitted. I'll stick you a cheque in the post.
Chris Parnham

Ex RHD Auto's etc.etc

Main Car.. Kia E Niro 4+
Toyota Vitz 4X4 1999 (the smallest 4X4 by far!)
Toyota RAV4 EV 1999.
1970 Jago Jeep.

DOC Club Historian 
Chris P Wrote:My new motor has a typical "Euro-spec" rusty one fitted.

Congrats on getting VIN# 551 Chris! Big Grin
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
ok chris its yours

Chris P Wrote:Hi Tracey, I'd like to buy that from you. My new motor has a typical "Euro-spec" rusty one fitted. I'll stick you a cheque in the post.
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421

Chris P Wrote:Hi Tracey, I'd like to buy that from you. My new motor has a typical "Euro-spec" rusty one fitted. I'll stick you a cheque in the post.

I also have one of these 'rusty' pipe's fitted, but i've heard later cars have a slightly different design. Is this so, or will a regular stainless by-pass pipe fit?

If this is the case, does this also mean the stainless steel exhausts that are available might also not fit without modification?

Ben
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:

I also have one of these 'rusty' pipe's fitted, but i've heard later cars have a slightly different design. Is this so, or will a regular stainless by-pass pipe fit?

If this is the case, does this also mean the stainless steel exhausts that are available might also not fit without modification?

Ben

No worries...the stainless steel exhausts include all of the fittings back to the heads including new manifolds.

http://www.stainless-exhaust.com/pictures.html
Manifolds too? Lovely Jubblee. Cheers for clearing that up Mike

Smile
Hi Tracey, How's the new exhaust performing, do you feel more power coming from the engine?
I think I'll be going for one of these some day. Did you have any trouble removing the old exhaust
( snapped bolts, etc ) and how long did they take to do the job?

Cheers
Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
The good thing about this exhaust is that even if you did snap all of the head bolts getting the manifolds off, you would have the two presently unused holes on each exhaust port to use Smile
Out of interest how much are those stainless systems?

Also on a stock car with the cat bipassed, which bit is that as Ive never seen a stock system!!
VIN: 6511
Good point Mike - Never thought of that. Big Grin
Snapped bolts did concern me, so there's nothing stopping me getting one now...........except the money thing :roll:
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Dan1986 Wrote:Out of interest how much are those stainless systems?

Also on a stock car with the cat bipassed, which bit is that as Ive never seen a stock system!!

This piece:-

[Image: cat%20replacement%20pipe.jpg]

Replaces this:-

[Image: delorean-catalytic-converte.jpg]
Thanks for clearing that up Smile
VIN: 6511
oh yes its fantastic it sounds alot better its also got a bit more go too i love it , the old exaust was a pig to get off it , bolts snapped off so we had to weld the bugger off, it went in a 9 0 clock in the morning and they finished at 5 past one , yes it was worth the money so if you can afford i would say get it done :wink:

Stuart Rees Wrote:Hi Tracey, How's the new exhaust performing, do you feel more power coming from the engine?
I think I'll be going for one of these some day. Did you have any trouble removing the old exhaust
( snapped bolts, etc ) and how long did they take to do the job?

Cheers
Stu
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421

Good to hear that tracey, It's on the top of my Xmas list :wink: