Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Old habits die hard..... Tongue

Looks like the car's come a long way too.

Sweet!
I honestly can't see how you think these figures are reliable when all the cars, including the DeLorean, were wheelspinning away from a standing start - the 400 was doing it in 3rd even with it's rear wheels the size of Belgium...

[Image: 400gt.jpg]

If my assumptions and rusty maths are correct, the racelogic box will be logging speed against time, and the derivative of that, dV/dt = accelleration. F=ma and m is known (the mass of the car) so Force can be calculated. And force with respect to time is a function of power.

If you wheelspin and alter the accelleration (the graph being less steep) then the results will be skewed.

I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this discussion tho Wink
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
I dont know ...Im more than happy reading what you all have to say on the subject...
My mini is hardly a show worthy car really, but i'll have to see about it.

Rach
xxxxx
bozzzydmc Wrote:I dont know ...Im more than happy reading what you all have to say on the subject...

Fairy Nuff Big Grin
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Sorry for taking the forum off topic folks! Nice car BTW Martin. I used to work for Renault, and the bossman always had Alpine's, Renault 5 turbo 2's (The old type now with the mid mounted engine, not the GT turbo) and V6 3.0 Clio's. Not that I took much notice back then. But I know they were pretty rapid, the Renualt 5 particularly!

Ben
stunned_monkey Wrote:If my assumptions and rusty maths are correct, the racelogic box will be logging speed against time, and the derivative of that, dV/dt = accelleration. F=ma and m is known (the mass of the car) so Force can be calculated. And force with respect to time is a function of power.

If you wheelspin and alter the accelleration (the graph being less steep) then the results will be skewed.

I'm not sure this is the correct forum for this discussion tho Wink

Yes Martin, exactly what you said.

Since no car has enough power to wheelspin 'forever' no matter what the speed, at some point the Racelogic box will record max inertia when it gets grip and work out power from that.

Like I said wheelspin is just like letting off, or even turbo lag at the beginning. Its all less than the max inertia recorded, so not taken into account.
Anyway, it probably is around 360-370bhp as the original figures quote 408bhp for the Trophy, which never ran twin catalytic convertors.

Coupled to the fact that any power runs done with a Racelogic box are in the best scenario (ie, cold air, proper forced air to intercoolers which is not acheivable in a dyno) then they are probably slightly over estimated)

Ignore wheelspin, it most of the time in fact helps us. Do two standing starts, one just lifting the clutch from standstill and accellerating and the other slipping the clutch and lauching in a plume of tyre smoke. Which one gets the faster time?

Seeing as the V recorded a 0-60time of 5.2 against the factory time of 4.78 (which will have been the very best got out of it) it tells you that 'grip' wasnt as much as an issue as it seems that day, hence why most of the rest of the figures will follow suit..

Im not digging. Its just down in black and white for anybodies analysis.

Steve will have the 0-60 feet times logged on the Racelogic box. This will tell you exactly what grip you had that day.
kwack Wrote:OMG what have i done?
I'm a good girl really and passionate about the Venturi's.
And hi Rach Big Grin
Just to add David, the Venturi 400GT is bog standard......straight out of the box. Are these Renault 5's you mention bog standard. I think not.
And since the accident has only had 2 new tyres and all 4 tyres are Pirelli pile ups.
I'm sure the Venturi would have a much better grip with different tyres.

Im pretty sure the 24v Peugeot engine comes with 200bhp, 'straight out of the box'

Venturi then modified the heads, cams, added twin turbos, new engine management, bigger injectors etc...

Hardly 'standard' :lol: :wink:
kwack Wrote:OMG what have i done?
I'm a good girl really and passionate about the Venturi's.
And hi Rach Big Grin
Just to add David, the Venturi 400GT is bog standard......straight out of the box. Are these Renault 5's you mention bog standard. I think not.
And since the accident has only had 2 new tyres and all 4 tyres are Pirelli pile ups.
I'm sure the Venturi would have a much better grip with different tyres.

Grips not the issue. Power is. 5.3 seconds to 60 is hardly a million miles away from the factory time of 4.78, and with all respect to Kieth, he probably hasnt had much experience in launching his car, whereas the manufacturer would have spent all day, with various types of tyres, on the dryest conditions possible, with an experienced driver to acheive the factory time.

Smile
kwack Wrote:Keith wasn't actually driving the car. Twas a real racing car driver Big Grin
And an experienced one at that.
There has been no modifications to the car whatsoever. Sold as seen so to speak.

Ah thats a shame. I was hoping the times could have been bettered then..

Yes, the car is standard, but not standard in the 'engines' eyes.

A bit like a Venturi 300 engine is 'standard' for a Venturi 300, but in reality its a 'tuned' A610 engine. Smile
kwack Wrote:Keith wasn't actually driving the car. Twas a real racing car driver Big Grin
And an experienced one at that.

Did he look anything like this? Smile Smile

[Image: stig2.gif]

Never thought i would read about real performance figures on a Delorean forum... what could have been eh ....# sigh #
I'm the stig, it says so on my tshirt :lol:

Rach
xxxxx
OMG Mike, where are the killer bees?
Rach J Young Wrote:I'm the stig, it says so on my tshirt :lol:

Rach
xxxxx

eh are you sure ?....are you looking in the mirror?

If so ...It says "gits"

lol Smile Smile Smile