Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
kwack Wrote:Claire, you are very clever, you sure do know your cars.

lol, I guess it was growing up with the smell of engine oil,
welding and 4 star Big Grin My late dad (God rest his soul) sure did
bring me up proper Big Grin (oh and my mum didnt do a bad job either
as I'm told I'm a pretty good cook :wink: :lol: )

Nice to have another female petrol head on the site too - keep me,
Tracey and Mary company Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
kwack Wrote:Thanks for the welcome guys and clare. I'm not very clued up with cars but the Venturi we own i could write a book on.
Keith is taking the car to Bruntingthorpe on Friday and i think one of your guys is going as well, with Martin. I can't go unfortunately, working Thursday night, but i do feel a touch of the man flu coming on :wink:

Which model of Venturi do you own?
kwack Wrote:But i did get told off once for posting pictures on the Venturi website without his permission Shock

No I never! Shock Hi Michelle and Keith, fancy seeing you here...

I'm going to Bruntingthorpe on Fri with Chris Hawes - "he with the noisy exhaust" - see you there
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
kwack Wrote:Venturi 400GT Series 2 chassis number 14

Is it black or Turquoise/White?
I heard about the times today, not too bad all round.
It certainly puts power figures into perspective when people talk about putting 400hp in a DeLorean, or whatever. Keith's car is FAST, and thanks to the torque, would stomp all over something like a Skyline with 400hp.

Certaily not fun to drive in the wet unless you have a 60m wide runway to make mistakes on (with plenty of grass for stiggy's little "moment" too :lol: )
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
You might find it is running around 360bhp as the standard black 400GT in London was recently dyno'd at 360, and the times acheived that day on the 1/4 mile and top speed at 2 miles are a bit down on expected (for the power/weight)

I think Steve wants to get some of the fast Renault 5's down next time, to show some really fast times.. 8)
Steve's racelogic box uses GPS and accellerometers to calculate HP figures. It reqires a slow rolling start in 2nd, and then floor it to the red line. Considering it would light the tyres up at that point thanks to the wet surface, I think it's fair to say that the reading was inaccurate on the low side. Ditto top speed and 1/4 mile tmes, wheelspinning in 1st and 2nd from the start.

Dorian's Trophy has recently been remapped on a custom ECU by Kevin Jones and made 442hp and 470lb-ft - so the GT is equally capable.

Yes, let's continue this on the mailing list - I've ok'd Dave's membership
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
stunned_monkey Wrote:Steve's racelogic box uses GPS and accellerometers to calculate HP figures. It reqires a slow rolling start in 2nd, and then floor it to the red line. Considering it would light the tyres up at that point thanks to the wet surface, I think it's fair to say that the reading was inaccurate on the low side. Ditto top speed and 1/4 mile tmes, wheelspinning in 1st and 2nd from the start.

Dorian's Trophy has recently been remapped on a custom ECU by Kevin Jones and made 442hp and 470lb-ft - so the GT is equally capable.

Yes, let's continue this on the mailing list - I've ok'd Dave's membership

Actually no. If you wheelspin on an accellerating run, you actually acheive a higher top speed and terminal speed against a measured point. A 109 terminal on the quarter mile with lack of traction will be around 105-106 in the dry, likewise the 168 top end might be a little shy of that, or the same. 2 miles is such a long distance its negligible. The times will be slower, but the terminal speeds reached will not. Terminal speeds are always a good indication of power.

Dorians car needs bigger turbos. Kevin has maxed those units out, and should be looking at dropping the boost and upgrading.

As for how the Racelogic unit calulates power, its the simple equation of monitoring acceleration against mass against time/speed. Wheelspin makes no difference, as the accelleration of the vehicle is low at this point. You can do a whole acelleration run for 3 mins, and there will only be one short point in the whole run where the power is logged. Wheelspin is no different to if you just let off, or coasted.

The reason why you do not do it from 0mph in first gear, is the initial inertia that is caused in first from a standing start is the biggest, and will missread the Racelogic unit and not a true indication of engine power. That is just grip causing rapid acceleration from the start.
Whats annoying is all the figures that have been posted over the net about the Venturi 400 have now been proved to be wrong. The 4.7 to 60 is probably correct, but many sites have claimed that the car can do a standing quarter mile in 11.1 seconds, and the standing mile in 22 seconds, which is now incorrect. Its more likely to be a high 12 second quarter mile at around 106 terminal speed with 100mph coming up in around 11 seconds which still makes it a fast car.

But to put that into context, the Renault 5 I was bleating on about does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, 0-100 mph in just under 8 seconds, and 125mph in 11.5 seconds...

The bitter fact that any Lambo, Ferrari, supercar etc can be trounced by any modern 4 cylinder turbo engine.

Only a McLaren F1 would just pip that R5 to the post with a timed 11.1 quarter mile versus his 11.5.
kwack Wrote:Mr Gentleman. You are officially a member of the Venturi Owners Club Big Grin

You might want to have a look at my site www.frenchturbo.co.uk.

Few bits you might not have seen on there.

Ive also got a Delorean Turbo section but nothing people probably havent seen before.

But its a good cross reference of all French engine'd turbo applications, from mild to wild.
Hey,
Welcome to the forum Smile I don't own a delorean either so you're not alone! :lol: Have fun on the forum!!

Rach
xxxxx
Rach J Young Wrote:Hey,
Welcome to the forum Smile I don't own a delorean either so you're not alone! :lol: Have fun on the forum!!

What car have you got? Are you looking for a delorean?
VIN: 6511
Theres a face I aint seen on the forum for a while......

Hope the DMC Therapy is still at the top of your list.

Ben
Thanks ben, I've been busy with college and the likes.

I can't drive a delorean even if i had one seeing as i'm only 16 :oops: I really want one though

Rach
xxxxx