Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ebay bargain
well you never know, you may get lucky with it yet.

When I was bidding on Flopsy, I stopped at $5200, and she "sold" for $5502 - but the "winner" never completed the sale.

A week later, and Robert (the vendor), emailed all bidders to ask for them to submit their best bid.

So, I emailed him, saying that the car would be restored in the UK, and offered $4500 USD.

Got a phone call at 7am one morning (midnight in LA) to say I'd just bought myself a DeLorean! Big Grin He said at the time that he was really pleased that the car would be coming to the UK as he knew that if she stayed in the USA, she'd probably be parted out for bits Sad
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
She is in bits Claire....lots of bits......everywhere....

Flopsy looks like a transformer at the moment....a pile of twisted metal....held together with scotchlocks....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:She is in bits Claire....lots of bits......everywhere....

Flopsy looks like a transformer at the moment....a pile of twisted metal....held together with scotchlocks....

Darren

LOL...that is just mean Darren....

Those scotchlocks you were given weren't meant for poor Flopsy ! Smile Smile Smile
davidhamblyn Wrote:Made a bid, and was winning at 14000 dollars, but some guy came in with a bid at the last minute and won with 14100US, Sad sob
Ah well, I'll keep looking. . .

I had a look and the winning bidder is from the UK. Anyone on here?
VIN: 6511
bozzzydmc Wrote:
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:She is in bits Claire....lots of bits......everywhere....

Darren

LOL...that is just mean Darren....

Those scotchlocks you were given weren't meant for poor Flopsy ! Smile Smile Smile

oh you buggers!! :lol: You were meant to be getting rid of all
the bloody scotchlocks, not fitting more of em!! lol

Do I take it that I'll be picking Flopsy up in January now?

Not a problem if it is, as the garage isnt sorted yet :roll:
did i here that word scotlocks nooooooooo

don,t say that word

use my way like the AA trucks are

gaffa tape Big Grin
Claire Usher Wrote:well you never know, you may get lucky with it yet.

When I was bidding on Flopsy, I stopped at $5200, and she "sold" for $5502 - but the "winner" never completed the sale.

A week later, and Robert (the vendor), emailed all bidders to ask for them to submit their best bid.

So, I emailed him, saying that the car would be restored in the UK, and offered $4500 USD.

Got a phone call at 7am one morning (midnight in LA) to say I'd just bought myself a DeLorean! Big Grin He said at the time that he was really pleased that the car would be coming to the UK as he knew that if she stayed in the USA, she'd probably be parted out for bits Sad

That was a real bargain, how long long ago did you buy flopsy?
I reckon those days are gone, from now the prices will go up and up ...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Great-co ... dZViewItem

now if what this guy says is true,,THIS IS A BARGAIN.. DAN BUY IT NOW
DOC # 595
nice car Big Grin
That is very tempting, although the millage is a bit higher than some out there.
VIN: 6511
Dan1986 Wrote:That is very tempting, although the millage is a bit higher than some out there.

I personaly would rather have one thats done 80 thou and been used and maintained properly than one thats done low milage and sat still and not been touched for years,
ya pays ya money and takes ya choice..good luck mate
DOC # 595
quote]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Great-condition-Daily-user-Very-reliable-and-strong_W0QQitemZ290187512164QQihZ019QQcategoryZ31830QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

now if what this guy says is true,,THIS IS A BARGAIN.. DAN BUY IT NOW
_________________[/quote]

That looks very good I think, shame theres no underside pics. Like said, if what theyre saying is true thats a damn good buy, from what ive experienced D's run better if theyre used often. Mines just gone from strength to strength cause the last guy hardly used it. And only 8250 quid! thats not bad going. Suppose theres shipping on top of that though, always a downer...
davidhamblyn Wrote:That was a real bargain, how long long ago did you buy flopsy?
I bought and paid for her in June 2002, she sailed from California
in late August, and I picked her up from Tilbury Docks on
17th October 2002 Smile