Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on this delorean
This D is for sale in the states. It has some running issues that I have asked about in the fuel system section. As you can see the bumpers need doing, passenger seat stitching has come apart and cracked binnacle. Can anyone offer advice on what you think its worth in this state?

Sorry the pics are so large

[Image: DSC04675.jpg]

[Image: DSC04678.jpg]

[Image: DSC04672.jpg]

[Image: DSC04671.jpg]
VIN: 6511
Can't give it a definitive value based on those pictures - but the bodywork looks OK - and I wouldn't worry about the interior as we fix split binnacles, seat seams, etc fairly regularly.

All I would be concerned about is how good the frame is, and whether the engine has any life left in it. Fuel injection components can be swapped out and replaced without too much pain - it's the core block that's key - if that's warped, split, etc - it's new engine time - and that gets pricey.

As a punt - if this car checked out OK, had a title (I'm guessing this one doesn't) and had a full service history - I'd pay around $10 -$12k.

Working back, that means a cost of around £8500 to get it here.

Hope this helps - If you really want to make doubly sure, give Dave Swingle a call at DMC Midwest (they're not a million miles away and may be able to help)....Dave or Rich W may well know about the car.

Good luck....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Cheers thanks for the advice. Yeah this is the one I was refering to when I asked about the title the other day. It is clear on Autocheck and it was because it had work done in a garage and the owner couldnt pay up so it became the property of the garage. He says it can get a 'Bonded Title'? in most states. How long do the shipping titles take to process normally? I don't think he wants it hanging round for ages before it can be collected you see.
Shipping titles are pretty quick - assuming they don't find any issues.

I would still call up Dave Swingle anyway - just for a second opinion...he's a good guy and he may be able to help solve any storage issues, given that the car will probably ship out from Detroit or Chicago, rather than Minnesota.

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Yeah I might call him later or tomorow, they 8 hours behind us there? Would schumacher cargo would sort out the shipping title or is that a separate company for those? I looked on google and couldn't find much out.
hi

not trying to worry you, but i would make sure that the car is theirs to sell.

Definately talk to someone over there.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
yeah it dont look too bad but it looks like its come out of a mine entrance
has it been buried
REG DMJ 287X
CLUB MEM. NO. 554
VIN NO. 05583

HEY LAZER LIPS!!!....
YOUR MUMMA WAS A SNOW BLOWER!!!.....