low vin on e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... 0194967420

looks painted? or photoshopped.

I've asked for more pics.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Personally I dont think it looks painted, just REALLY wet haha! Also im confused about the VIN, says 827 in the info and yet he's said its 327 in the description.
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
well, 327th (ish) produced.

500+327 = 827.
- Dave Smith

looks like a total refubishment to me, and i know what one of them is like Cry TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Jonny Jones Wrote:Personally I dont think it looks painted, just REALLY wet haha! Also im confused about the VIN, says 827 in the info and yet he's said its 327 in the description.

As Jonny said the Vin's don't match up.

327 would be one of the black cars, which did not go to the US, as far as i know, and 827 would have being on the first shipment on less it was a company car.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
The VIN numbers started counting from 500 - as Barson says.

Looks like a nice car - although I'd be more concerned that the seller has no eBay feedback, is demanding $2,000 within 48 hours of auction close, and the car looks to be worth more than $7,000 (£3500).

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
does anyone agree with me that the hood (and top of the doors) look painted? grey?

I'm asking to have more photos - I'll let you know.
- Dave Smith

Could be part of a reflection but it looks like it has a dent across the hood? Also, it has the arial mounted on the wing, I thought this came in ater at least a thousand or so?
As far as I know the fender mounted antenna was a retrofit item for early cars that had the windscreen with the built-in antenna.

Interestingly, not all cars appear to have had the fender mounted antenna retrofitted. It is correct for this car though seeing as it's VIN# 827.
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
I also think the super shiny finish is purely water. The ground around the car confirms that it had recently rained. Also, I think the owner would have mentioned in the advert if it had had a 'coating' or paint job. The car looks completely original right down to the original paint pealing off the fascias. What I find annoying is that he seems on one hand to really care about the car and on the other quite happy for it to sit so long that the air has left the tyres. I agree that this is a total restoration jobby although I expect the owner has an inflated figure in mind of its CURRENT value!
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Barson Wrote:does anyone agree with me that the hood (and top of the doors) look painted? grey?

I'm asking to have more photos - I'll let you know.

Looking at it again yes I do.
Neal Barclay
Former Delorean Employee
DOC 324/Clock no.1804

[Image: DSC_0112-1.jpg]
Live the Dream today, Because I did it yesterday.
it's the power of suggestion, Neal Wink

[Image: Hypnosis.gif]

Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes. [click] You're under!
- Dave Smith

If unsure ask,
this is the reply he gave me to all your questions.. :?
"The car is wet that is why it is shiny no paint still stainless, it needs work to run and your right i need to put air in the wheels and is is at my moms house and i dont get to see it that often .."
DOC # 595
hi

i emailed him on this one, i may! have been interested.

i do like the early cars for their rareity.

have asked for more pics of interior and of course the frame.

yes the 0 rating would worry me.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
i would be really carefull who ever buys this as it says a automatic and it has a dirrfrent engine for a start so just thunk about what ou got to do to get it going again :wink:

my friend was looking at this but i have told him what to look out for and to look at the engine bay and the back not looking to good Cry

boy racer loud system on the back there i think also might have melted the under body of the back bumper :?: