Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
today I was bored so made this :?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvIBP07eMN0
enjoy :lol:
DOC # 595
Hi people, It been a while since I updated this so I thought id share some with you.
I intened to finish of the engine then move on to do the interior,
so for now here are a few pics of the engine,
BEFORE [Image: DSC00910.jpg]
AFTER[Image: DSC00917.jpg]
BEFORE[Image: DSC00911.jpg]
AFTER[Image: DSC00916.jpg]
[Image: DSC00915.jpg]
while Im down this far in the "valley of death" any thing any one would recommend I change?
The general condition of the engine is very healthy so Im as it is,
[Image: DSC00919.jpg]
DOC # 595
That looks nice and clean !

Only thing to suggest is to have a look at the inside of the distributor cap and rotor arm and follow the HT leads to make sure there hasn't been any chafing.

You should be called "Mr Bling!"

NickT
Very nice Shock
That car reminds me a bit of that old shed that was on display at the duxford show the other week :wink:
VIN: 6511
Having done mine, I would suggest you check/change the steel pipe in the centre of the V' at the rear that goes to the heater rad.
[Image: DeloreanSig.jpg]
hi

yes the steel pipe under the y pipe, can look ok but the ends could be rusty.

mine was in a bad way.

i painted my valley with ht paint, and put plenty down those holes. has been cases of corrosion eating into the block to the oil ways.

i had millions of pine needles everywhere, and even sand down there
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
also time to bleed the clutch!
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Thanks guys :wink:
Ill check all you said and bleed the clutch to wash new fluid right through.
Cap and rotor ,leads etc were the first things I checked, and all look in fine fettle,Thanks Nik Smile
Dan, where are you taking your car to next, just so I can make sure my diary is free,, in case you have your in bits AGAIN :lol:
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Dan, where are you taking your car to next, just so I can make sure my diary is free,, in case you have your in bits AGAIN :lol:

:lol: :lol: I supose I asked for that. :wink:
Im loving the Robin and the Kitten Dan Big Grin
Hehe thanks! The Robin is actualy a Rialto :wink: The robin had a different shape shell. That got chopped up to make the blue trike in the other photo :wink:
I am guessing that D in your sig with the modded rims and silver windows is yours? Very cool looking Smile
"How cool would it be if we just came across a DeLorean!" -Alex off The Apprentice Big Grin
Money in the DMC fund: £412 aprox. - Target: £15,000
Hi Flux. Yes thats my baby,
[Image: PICT0189.jpg]

currently in bits being "improved" most of the engine is now powder coated, including all its brackets like the throttle spool,
[Image: picture.jpg]
also done is the fuel metering head and idle control valve etc, ill post the completed engine when its back together,
DOC # 595
Looking good mate Big Grin Been spending a lot of time in the garage? you've been a bit quiet on the old forum recently.