Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
Looks awesome! Take that to the cruises and you'll be the best car there, period. Get a photo of the interior dude, im interested to see what all the 'yuk, get rid of it' is all about :lol:
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
--------------------------
http://www.carpromos.co.uk
Only if you promise NOT to laugh :lol:
DOC # 595
Well done Allen, glad its home safe and sound. Bet you are like a kid with a new toy! I wil be too , My gearknob and shifter plate has come, so i'll be fitting them later!

Pictures to follow!

Big Grin
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Only if you promise NOT to laugh :lol:
Course I wont mate haha! You have yourself a DeLorean!
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530
Bling-tastic! Smile

You brought up a valuable point whch I should have warned you (and anyone else) of...

When collecting a car from the port - wherever that is - always take a set of jump leads and a jerry full of petrol. At Southampton you can buy petrol... for about £2 a litre!

The shippers deliberately run cars dry and leave the ignition on to flatten the battery - it limits their fire-hazard potential.

(just organising the shipping on my new one Wink )
Martin Gutkowski
DeLorean Cars
http://www.delorean.co.uk
Your right Ben I am, I had to work today to make up for being off yesterday,Run round like an idiot to finish early. just so I could go home and sit in it,,lol
Glad to say though first turn of the key and it roared into life, started beautifully, and of course importantly the Flux capacitor is fluxing :lol:

Monkey Good luck with the "new" car. keep us posted :wink:
DOC # 595
OMG what a day :?
I got up at 7am to play with my toy Smile and it was bloody frozen solid Cry
where it had got wet the doors had frozen shut. lol. couldnt open them till about 10 am. I should have stayed in bed and got more beauty sleep..not that I need it :oops:
so after the car stopped looking like A BTTF replica after time traveling, I first attacked the passenger door window. because it was stuck down, only to find it needs a new one of these Cry
[Image: windowmotor.jpg]
Im sure its a common problem, stupid place to put plastic :x
Now as promised I will post pics of the interior, but I must say after talking to John ,previous owner, on the phone I think I over exaggerated how "bad" the interior is,
Ive come to respect John and all his efforts he has put into this car so Im sorry John if I upset you with my comments about the interior I just dont think its my "cup of tea"
so these will be the only pics I place of it and will not be negative about it again
[Image: int2.jpg]
[Image: int3.jpg]
[Image: int1.jpg]
the biggest problem I found was in sunlight the silver dash reflects in the glass so much you can't see through it,especially the side windows with the reflective film,
there.. no more said about it till it looks more like this
[Image: 2490390_4_full.jpg] :lol: I hope it will anyway
DOC # 595
Don't worry about it is the best policy. It's not as bad as it could be, I mean at least it's usable. Interiors do seem to be the downfall in deloreans though, as the exteriors don't age that much. Glad you had a good day "playing" though, but the fun is yet to come. If the roads were not so filthy at the moment, it would be worth having the occasional run out........
There was a nice soundsystem in your D. How does it sound?
I glad you finally have your car. Congratulations.
Laurent Wery
www.laurentwery.com
Delorean DMC-012
Vin #3177
Thank you Laurent,
The sound is very good, lots of base zero distortion
and a nice dvd player, but it is region 1,
[Image: DSC00683.jpg]
Only thing i can play is the DVD the previous owner gave me 8)
DOC # 595
Looks like a clone of this, and if that's the case, there should be a multi reigion hack.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-TOUCH-SCREEN-DV ... dZViewItem

Either way, they are not as expensive as they used to be, and if you want the hack to view the film without the handbrake cable being connected, just earth it out.

Not that I watch films when I'm mobile.... :lol:
Im not to worried about it Ben. like you said I dont watch it anyway, to busy trying to see out the bloody windows :lol:
just to show you how cold it was here.
[Image: DSC00677.jpg]
DOC # 595
Congratulations on getting the car, hope you have lots of fun in it Big Grin

If the rest of the car is in good order, the interior can be worked on anytime !

Christmas has come early for you now hasn't it !

Enjoy

NickT
thanks Nick. yep xmas is here already
TOLD YOU ID HANG ORNAMENTS ON IT
[Image: DSC00689.jpg]
MERRY XMAS ALL
ALLEN
DOC # 595
I see what you mean about the interior! With all due respect, I personally think it all looks like wrapping paper haha! Probably because it all looks quite loose-fitting compared to a stock D.
Kind Regards,
Jonny Jones
DOC #530