Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
If memory serves mr correct. Didn't Phil's car come over on this ship? Come to that so did mine :lol:
Chris
Membership Secretary DOC UK
2021's DeLorean event: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/showthr...p?tid=6056
VIN#15768 Ex VIN#4584
Chris maybe they should rename the ship. Gull wing devine :lol:
Well it is supposed to dock on the 15th. so once customs have had a snoop its mine, It may not be before xmas though,, Sad Im told it takes 5-7 days to clear, thats cutting it really fine, plus I suppose the docks will be winding down for xmas, and even if I can pick it up Ill never get it MOT'd before xmas... Sad Sad Sad sigh
DOC # 595
Hi Allen,

I would try and get the car from them asap, you never know what will go missing or get damaged. Imported cars are usually left unlocked and some shipping agents even store them outside & open to the elements. Shock
I know RORO (roll on roll off) customs clearance can be done within 24hours after you ring them up, it may be different with container shipment though. Plus (depending on the agent) you may only have 7 days free storage including the day the ship arrives.

If you've already sent away for UK spec headlights you could be ready for the MoT sooner than you think...
If you need assistance give me a shout.

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi Stu, thanks for the warning. Actually I forgot about the headlights,,
I had asked a few people but it was the time of the NEC so people were a bit busy,Ill put out a shout in parts maybe, see what happens ,
I was passing your way today,,did you see me,, I did wave. :lol:
I went up to north wales to collect an ebay bargain,,Big compressor, for £50.. and the very nice man threw in some hose and grit, for grit blasting,,
some really nice people on ebay,,and some not so nice Cry

Im up round your area on Monday ,well Moylegrove,but close enough,, :lol:
DOC # 595
Thats a good signature pic Allen.... It sums us welshies up a treat. Maybe we ought to ditch the stainless and cover our composite in real lambs wool.

Kebabs anyone?

Tongue
Well I dont have a babe like you do, so I thought id throw in the next best thing...worst thing is she bites when I try to kiss her :?
DOC # 595
Babe? Yeah, thats about right, and I'm Arthur Hoggit! Tongue

I'm glad Esme went to the city though, I couldn't bring myself to eat another one of her "Duck A La Orange's" on christmas day!
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Thats a good signature pic Allen.... It sums us welshies up a treat. Maybe we ought to ditch the stainless and cover our composite in real lambs wool.

Kebabs anyone?

Tongue

Ben, If I see sheep skin seat covers in you car one day.... I'll know what you've done! :o

Dodgy Motor Wrote:I was passing your way today,,did you see me,, I did wave.

Oh yeh Allen, when you drove through Tanygroes, you were only 100 yards from a DeLorean. Shock

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
I am not the impatient type but xmas is fast approaching, unlike this slug of a ship :x
[Image: 475f93f3_1225_0.jpg]
MOVE D*M YOU MOVE :x
DOC # 595
Looks good to me matey ... so dont worry about it worse things have happened .....

[Image: Singles06.MVCougarAce1.GIF]
lol - the sheep photos are funny - we've got plenty of sheep up here too -
Derbyshire - where men are men and sheep are worried.

If I can find them later, I'll post up pics of the sheep at Chatsworth
House - now these are classy baa-baas :wink:

Glad to see your car is making progress - albeit slow - across the pond Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Thanks for the reassurance Mike...I think :? gave me a sinking feeling when I saw that pic,, :lol:
Claire this is "the land of our fathers" where the sheep soon learn to run faster than the farmers :lol:
Well today I have actually received the first bit of anything to do with the car, up till now its just been emails and demands for money Shock
today I received a copy of the local news paper from Monmouth Illinois,
Ill let you read it, The end brought a tear to my eye.
and then a big fat smile Big Grin
[Image: newspaper.jpg]
[Image: extrabit.jpg]
[Image: loading.jpg]
DOC # 595
He must have been so sad to see it go, knowing he will never see it ever again Cry
VIN: 6511
Yes Sam. It did kind of make me feel for him, but hey, once he gets his Impala bobbing up and down and riding on 3 wheels like a dog wetting a lamp post.
:lol: he will forget all about his old D.
DOC # 595
Sorrry slip of the fingers. I meant DAN :?
DOC # 595