Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
Shock Just had a panic call from the seller.
the shipping company are arriving at 4pm today Tongue
I was told Friday. nice for me, but a shock for him,he still has to pack all the "spares" in it :oops:

and Ben,if you want a preview ill post a time I will be on the M4 on my return.. :wink:
DOC # 595
Nice one..... Dont worry about any previews mate, you just get that car safely home, get your MOT and registration sorted out, and then get used to driving it a little. Your first few trips you may need some quality time on your own, just to get used to it. The first day I owned mine, I scuffed a wheel from lack of concentration because of excitment! LOL Besides, mine is having the dreaded clutch done a week tomorrow, so i'd like that to be done for the meet. I know how you feel, this time last year it was exactly the same this end, and it just gets better........

:wink:

Ben
Ok Ben. I still think yours is the nicer car, mine doesnt come with a half naked woman on the bonnet :lol:
DOC # 595
hi

if you put one of these on a trailer, be carefull which way.

engines at the back of course...so is the weight!.

i think i did mine with front of car at the back.

i taped down the rear louvers to stop them being ripped off.

it is a wide car so worth checking your trailer width, as may not fit some.
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
Thank you for that Steve, good advice I appreciate it Ill get the tape measure to it first,, Smile

the car has left its previous owner and is now on the way to the east coast
If you read this John, Thank you,
:wink:
DOC # 595
Latest pic just arrived
[Image: PICT0415.jpg]
DOC # 595
Only 2 days to go Allen! Smile

Good advice from Steve there. My dad was going to buy me a car trailer, but with the D you are very limited. Twin axle is essential, the trailer wheels and mudguards can be a pain to get in and out of the car, unless you have a winch also. My car would have grounded out on the crest of the ramps going onto the trailer, and my is as low as they come. Rear wheel width is another key issue, unless its a flat bed, the rear wheels may not fit in the "ruts"

Not meaning to be negative, I just dont want you to get all the way there with a trailer and it not going on cos you didn't know more facts. A flat bed beavertail is the best option if you can get one, that way you just drive your car onto a flat platform, strap it on, and the bed hydraulics do the rest to get it "up there"

Being in the business, I'm sure you know this.

If the car's a good runner, can you not borrow a set of trade plates from somewhere and collect?

You got a few days to think about it anyway.

Ben :lol:
steve.s Wrote:hi

if you put one of these on a trailer, be carefull which way.

engines at the back of course...so is the weight!.

i think i did mine with front of car at the back.

i taped down the rear louvers to stop them being ripped off.

it is a wide car so worth checking your trailer width, as may not fit some.

ditto. took us (me and a friend) three goes to figure out that we needed the weight at the front of the trailer so it would drop down. apparently the trailer was knackered anyway.

it'd certainly be easier if your car has power. another thing - make sure you take a replacement battery/booster pack Wink just in case Smile

welcome to the forum, BTW. Big Grin

Dave.
-------------------------
- Dave Smith

VIN: #00944 DOC: #535
VIN: #03193
Hi Allen,

When you next speak to Ian at Schumacher, remind him that the car is a private reimport - and that you'll be looking for the £50 flat duty rate - not the usual 10%. He knows the drill.

Regards

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Thanks Darren , It was Ian that first told me about the £50 duty so he must be on the ball in that regard, but ill remind him,
Hello Barson , not sure wether to smile or quake in fear, looking at your avtar,
but thank you for the welcome,

As to the final how im getting it back, Im going to drive it, a friend is coming with me and we have tyre inflator and battery pack ready,along with tow pole. just in case :oops:
DOC # 595
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Hi Allen,

When you next speak to Ian at Schumacher, remind him that the car is a private reimport - and that you'll be looking for the £50 flat duty rate - not the usual 10%. He knows the drill.

Regards

Darren

Can you tell me about this please? I wasn't aware of this and I will be looking to import one in a few months / when the right car turns up. I thought you paid 10% then another 17.5% of the 10% + shipping cost.
VIN: 6511
schumacher cargo brought mine in as well, is it going to southhamton by any chance? TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Hi Tony, no its going to Thames port, it was will be the fastest destination
Dont ask my why, thats just what I was told :roll:
But Ill be driving it to its MOT testing station in Wales via Southampton Tongue
DOC # 595
The DeLorean is a British car - so bringing it back into the country is classified as a reimport - which carries a £50 flat admin fee rather than the 10% duty that you would get for an import of a 'foreign' car.

You have to explicitly state that the car was manufactured in Britain on the C384 form (even though there's no box where the origin is asked for) - just use the 'additional notes' field.

I know Ian at Schumacher very well - they bring in lots of cars for us.

Good luck....

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe)
www.pjgrady.co.uk
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Hi Tony, no its going to Thames port, it was will be the fastest destination
Dont ask my why, thats just what I was told :roll:
But Ill be driving it to its MOT testing station in Wales via Southampton Tongue

typical i had to get mine from southampton and thames port is only down the road to me, i shall ring up and complain :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor