Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CUSTOM DELOREAN
hi

must admit, i am a traditionalist, but if we were all the same life would be boring.

Welcome here and to Delorean ownership!

Regards
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370
If you haven't done so already ensure the car is insured so that if between landing at the docks and be collected by you if it is 'de-blinged' by some light fingered opportunist(s) then at least you will have the funds back to re-bling it again.
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
Good advice thanks Chris.
Will do
DOC # 595
Just a small update on my car,
the seller has contacted his local press, apparently the car is a bit of a celebrity in his area of Monmouth Illinois
he has laid out the trophies that the car has won
[Image: trophies.jpg]
Thought you might like a look

pick update is this Friday the 9th
Schumacher Cargo are shipping it..any one used them before??
its a container shipper
DOC # 595
hi welcome to the forum ,not sure about the blue seats tho the rest of the car is looking good , if your happy with it then thats all that matters,
all the best :wink:
cheers tracey
vin 6484
rhd
(marty)
doc 421
Delorean Dream within a Dream
roll on eurotec 2009 love you all
[Image: covercarpics034.jpg]

[Image: mybanner48c1296704f7enw1.jpg]
Dodgy Motor Wrote:Just a small update on my car,
the seller has contacted his local press, apparently the car is a bit of a celebrity in his area of Monmouth Illinois
he has laid out the trophies that the car has won

WOW!!!

It must have broke his heart to sell his car ... but im sure its in good hands now Smile
Hi Allen,
That's some impressive history your cars got.
I like the blinged rear end, did the previous owner do any engine modifications while he was at it?

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Hi Stu
no I dont think so. other than re-routing cables and adding silicon hoses, the only thing he did was have it powder coated,
Im not sure if ill mess about with the performance to much either,other than to get rid of the cat, im a snail driver anyway, I'll concentrate on the interior, maybe a digital dash and a few gadgets and gizmos. like the self opening doors and boot and bonnet etc,
DOC # 595
Sounds good, I've been thinking of getting the wings-aloft kit for my car but I've not got around to it.

How are you getting the car back? Is it arriving at Southampton?
DOC 116
VIN 6237
No its Thames port..wherever that is..over the east coast somewhere.
as to driving it
Not sure yet, depends on the weather at the time, I can borrow a friends car trailor and drag it with the hilux , if the weather is ok i mightdrive it, but you cant carry many tools on a train,so if the battery is flat im knackered :roll:
DOC # 595
Dodgy Motor Wrote:No its Thames port..wherever that is..over the east coast somewhere.

lol... best find out where before Friday eh Smile

Good idea on the trailering it home too... or do you have breakdown insurance that might come in handy if you are considering driving it .
Thats a fair way to drive a D you've never seen before. You could have it delivered, but that means more money :?
If you need any assistance any time give me a shout.

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Well I do have B/D cover, I worked for them long enough,they owe it to me :x
But I wanted to take the car to Southampton first, show my kids,and then trundle may way back here,
so to play it safe,,and at half the fuel cost, lol ,Ill probably use the Hilux Smile
you can't beat Japanese reliability
unless you have a big stick :wink:
DOC # 595
Thanks Stu, same goes here BTW, I dont know everything but I know enough never to have to walk home Smile
DOC # 595
MMMM, I can feel the excitement from here! Smile

You guys tell me when you are ready for a mini meet at like a midway place for all of us..... Just because it aint summer dont mean we cant play! And it looks like i'm going to have to win a fair amount of gold to catch up with you allen!

Ben