Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redesigned interior lamp delay module PCB for sale
Hi everyone,

I'm posting this on behalf of Elvis Nocita in Germany who some of you may know. Elvis is developing a new PCB for the interior lamp delay module (that white relay in your relay compartment which rarely works). The new design will dim the interior lights even if you have LEDs fitted. Here's Elvis' message:

"The white delay module can't work with the LEDs, it is simply impossible from the design they chose. But I also have something positive:
I am currently working on a new PCB for the white delay module that works with the LED's. All it does is delay the interior light between 5 and 10 seconds before it is dimmed down smoothly. I currently have around five orders from the German owners, but I could build more of them if you guys are interested.

At the moment I am still playing around with a prototype to make sure it works like I want it to.

What I want to sell is just the little PCB that goes into the original white module. Anybody who can hold a solder iron should be able to replace that. Also I need an extra wire to the connector as I need a +12V connection to make this thing work reliable - not like the original one!

Of course a simple and detailed description will come with it or is going to be online by then.

The price will be somewhere between 10 and 20 bucks plus shipping, depending on the price for the bare PCB. Again - they are not available yet, this may take another few weeks, but I need some motivation to do this work, five pieces ist not enough to get a useful price for the PCBs.

Interested? Then please send me an email at elvisnocita@gmx.de"
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
Hi Phil,

Just spent an evening scratching my head as to why my new LED interior lights wouldn't turn off when I closed the door!

Gave up and put a filament bulb back in.

Put me down for a PCB please.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
Darren

The white module provides the 'delay' function.

If you want to keep the LED interior lights, simply remove the white module, there will be no delay, but the lights will go off when you close the door.

John C
Thanks John.

Weighing up the odds I think I'll keep the delay relay in for the moment.

Regards
D
VIN 4532

DOC-574
well im caught in a trap on this one, mine doesnt work, but i have my suspicion of whats wrong with the wiring TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Darren C Wrote:Put me down for a PCB please.

Hiya Darren,

If you're interested in ordering one, just drop Elvis an e-mail at elvisnocita@gmx.de as he's the guy actually manufacturing and distributing these Big Grin
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo