Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK DeLorean for sale
I have just found this advert. Anyone we know?

http://tinyurl.com/2uwhh7
Regards,

Chris Hawes
DOC 138
Ex owner of VIN 5255 Grey, 5-speed
I'd be a bit wary here, could be another scam.

The advert has been written by an american...

Dime, Tires, Pan Gasket...

The photo looks like it may not be in this country either
Rich J
I've seen this advert word for word somewhere else too, some time ago ............ :?
and here it is
http://used-cars-vans.vivastreet.co.uk/ ... lorean-dmc
it says in Margate,,,,mmm.
I to would be suspicious
DOC # 595
it does look like an american plate on the back, it looks white
DOC # 595
I don't understand how its a scam. OK the add doesn't look real, but how would it scam anyone? Surely no one would be daft enough to phone up and pay over the phone without even looking?
VIN: 6511
the biggest scam is making a deposit,
Illexplain .
I advertise a bogus car,
and give you some poor reason why you need to secure it NOW
I may even offer you lots off the price, if you secure it with a mear £50
I then ask you to send the money via westernunion
and then youve just lost £50.
happens all the time, dont put down a deposit without seeing the goods first.
:wink:
DOC # 595
I see. I just find it hard to imagine why anyone would put down a deposit on a car they've never seen. Especially on a car like a D. Its amasing how many stupid people there are about. :roll:
well i put $1000 dollars deposit on mine without seeing it :lol: :lol: TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
I paid $23000 without actually seeing
I must be mad :roll:
DOC # 595
Well ebay is a bit different and you have protection.

Out of interest how did you send the money to the owner? I'm assuming he didnt want paypal becuase of the fees they would charge him for that amount?
You have some protection but in this case the ebay listing had already ended and to relist it would have cost him more and as you rightly say the fees are 3% , imagine that on a £20,ooo car Shock
my advice would be get to know the seller first, ask him to do things a scammer would not be able to.
for example supply a video. phone him, ask him the name of his dog and colour, then ask him for a pic of it, and a paw print :lol:
just get to know him/her as much as you can.
when you are confident they are genuine ask about how they would like payment, I did an international money transfer, cost £30 to send it and his bank charged me £15 to receive it,,cheeky wotnots :evil:
but it is totaly traceable so dont worry ,at least you will see your money back,eventualy :roll:
DOC # 595
Cheers for that. Any hints and tips on the import process are useful to me as I want to import one over as and when the right car turns up. Especially with the way the dollar is atm its a good investment.
very true mate,this car is costing roughly total 14000-14500, thats depening on the MOT costs, I dont see another one, I like as much as this one, for less than that :?
DOC # 595
as far as i am aware, ebay offer little or no protection on cars from the US. i think they state that on their site.

even over here i doubt you would see money from a scam.

trying to trace someone you do not know, has a bogus account thats been emptied is pretty difficult.

even when you do, still hard to get money.

i took a video machine seller years ago to small claims. won the cas but never saw a penny.
they claim they have no money, that car on their drive is not theirs etc.
bailiffs i think cannot force enty into domestic properties.

as always buyer beware.

i made sure i spoke to my use seller on the phone, checked contacts, emails, asked for xtra photos of one specific part.

sorry to worry anyone!

the few bad people spoil for the good
Steve Saunders
Wolverhampton
ex owner vin 1621
doc 370